Today, I am going to review a shampoo which is a favourite of mine. I used it regularly before I was drawn towards the non- SLS, non-silicone product rage. But this is one shampoo which I still cannot leave totally, and use it from time to time.
About the product:
• Our Nutritive first Gluco-Active enriched treatment programme for complete nutrition.
• Glucose: Provides an energy boost for the nutrition of the hair fibre.
• Proteins: Nourish the hair fibre and leave it feeling soft.
• Lipids: Protect the fibre from drying out and improve its natural protection.
• Each Bain Satin reference has been formulated with glucose, proteins and lipids to restore the nutritive balance of the hair fibre from root to tip and to protect it against the drying out process. The hair is left with lightness and more body at the same time. Hair feels soften with enhance shine.
• Gently cleanses while providing optimal fibre nutrition to dry hair
• Leaves hair smooth, soft and supple without unwanted weight
• Evens out hair surface for optimized shine
How to use:
• Wet hair thoroughly.
• Apply Bain Satin.
• Massage through the scalp and hair using the flats of the hands and complete the gentle massage technique, emulsify and rinse thoroughly. Blot-dry.
• Re-apply using the gentle massage technique and leave for a few minutes.
• Lather by adding a little water and gently emulsify before rinsing thoroughly.
Price:Rs 1500/- for 250ml
My Experience with Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin Nutrition 1 Shampoo
I have straight, fine (not baby fine) hair, and lots of it. I have never colored it nor treated it in any way. My hair is normal to dry in texture, with slightly oily roots. Kerastase Nutritive shampoo range comes in three variants, Bain satin 1, 2, and 3. Bain Satin1 is for Normal to slightly sensitised hair, Bain Satin 2 is for Dry, sensitised hair and Bain Satin 3 is for Very dry, sensitised hair. I selected Bain satin 1 for my hair amongst all these variants.
The shampoo comes in a white color, plastic bottle with an orange screw in lid.I would have definitely preferred a pump system or a flip cap for this shampoo. The bottle has a very small opening, which is good since it controls the amount dispensed. The shampoo is white in color, not too thick or too thin, and has a very nice ‘salon-like’ fragrance.
A very small amount is needed for my medium length, oiled hair. It does not lather much on oiled hair, but still manages to remove the entire gunk. Then I reapply an even smaller amount, and it lathers very well. It washes off easily. Though it contains silicones, it does not leave any slimy feel to my hair. I usually follow this with Kerastase Nutritive Lait Vital conditioner.
The product has really amazed me. It is moisturising for my normal to dry hair, though it does not weigh down my hair. It leaves my hair extremely light, soft, supple and bouncy. It cleans my hair rather well, and together with the conditioner, my hair becomes very healthy and shiny. The effects last for 3-4 days on my hair.
Pros of Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin Nutrition 1 Shampoo
• Award winning product
• Good for normal to slightly dry, fine, sensitised hair
• Moisturising shampoo
• Does not dry out my hair
• Cleans very well
• A little bit goes a long way
• Hair becomes softer, shinier, and bouncy
• Effects last for 3-4 days
• Does not weigh down my hair
• Fragrance is good
Cons of Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin Nutrition 1 Shampoo
• Contains sulphates and silicones
• Not easily available
• Would have preferred a different type of lid
IMBB rating: 4/5 (-1 for the ingredients only).
Will I recommend Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin Nutrition 1 Shampoo?
Yes, of course. If you are not very keen on SLS and Silicone free shampoos, do give this a try. Kerastase is a world famous brand for hair products, and have options available for each and every kind of hair. If you have dry hair, which are thick or coarse or chemically treated, I would advise you to try out the Bain Satin 2/3. Bain Satin 1 is the gentlest of shampoos in the Nutritive line, and any person with dry hair can try this out.
Shisiedo Elixir Superieur Lifting Moisture Emulsion II
Dove Elixir Nourished Shine
L’oreal Professionnel Shine Perfecting Serum Liss Ultime
L’oreal Professionnel Liss Ultime Shampoo
L’Oreal Professional Liss Ultime Heat Protectant
Faces Ultime Pro Long Wear Matte Lipstick – Lust
Oil Skin Cleansing Methods