Shine Perfecting Serum “Liss Ultime” From L’oreal Professionel, Paris: A Review
Okay! I am back with the review of a hair serum because, well, I don’t have the God-gifted perfect tresses and I need expensive shampoos and conditioners and serums to fix my hair. So today, I will review L’Oreal Professionnel serum “liss ultime.” It is a shine perfecting serum that can be used on washed hair.
The rule book of beautiful and shiny hair has as one of its cardinal rules the use of leave-in serums to get that perfect, shiny and anti-frizzy hair. However, with many serums the claim remains just in print, as the real serum hardly works. This serum comes in the expert series of L’Oreal Professionnel products. Enriched with Reflexium, it contains nourishing ingredients that leave hair shiny, smooth and feeling ultra-light.
QUANTITY: 125 ml or 4.2 fl.oz.
INGREDIENTS: Cyclopentasiloxane, alchohol denat, dimethiconol, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, butyphenyl methylpropional, hexyl cinnamal, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, citronellol, limonene,perfume/fragrance.
CLAIM: The shine perfecting serum that is enriched with reflexium claims to control unruly hair and give it a suppleness, softness and shine.
The website claims the following for the product:
L’Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Liss Ultime Shine Perfecting Serum is a featherweight conditioning leave-in serum that works on the most difficult frizz-prone hair, leaving a perfectly polished finish.
Liss Ultime Shine Perfecting Serum from L’Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert contains Reflexium technology“ a mixture of active shine ingredients and taming agents designed to coat the hair surface with a light protective film.
DIRECTIONS OF USE:
1. Apply 1-2 pumps to shampooed hair.( 1 pump is sufficient for shoulder length hair.)
2. Make sure it is towel dried.
3. Style as usual.
These simple three steps are enough. However, because I have extremely dry hair, but oily scalp, I apply the serum just half way through my hair even on dried hair or before I am going out somewhere. But yes, I avoid using it using on my scalp or roots.
MY TAKE ON THE PRODUCT:
The featherweight quality of the serum perturbed me the first time I bought it. The serums I had before were of a pretty good consistency, while this one was watery. However, after using it, I realized that its watery quality gives it a light conditioning on the hair and does not make it greasy and thick, if used properly. Though it is named shine perfecting serum, I could not notice much shine, but yes, it definitely tamed my frizzy, dry and flying hairs.
I am sorry if the watery consistency of the serum is not that visible. If you look closely, however, you can notice that it is pretty thin and light.
PROS OF THE SERUM:
1. It does its primary function fairly. It definitely makes the hair softer, smoother and manageable.
2. It is light ; therefore, it is non-greasy and less oily.
3. It has a mild floral smell and who doesn’t like nice smelling mane?
4. It tackles the problem of flying hairs to a large extent.
5. The packaging is attractive and functional too. The transparent bottle with the purple tinge not only makes the bottle alluring, but also helps in understanding the quantity used.
6. The advantage of locking it and the pump ensures that the serum does not get wasted. The locking and unlocking pattern further makes it travel friendly.
CONS OF THE SERUM:
1. Its effect does not last too long. The tresses are all nice and smooth for about half an hour after which the adverse effects of humidity and pollution start showing on your hair.
2. It will work very well for people who have moderately good hair. But it is too mild for people with really dry and damaged hair. They have to opt for the high end L’Oreal products.
3. While the pump enables controlled use, on the flip side, if the pump stops working properly, taking out serum from the bottle will be one hell of a job. Against this, the normal pierced holes are more safe and uncomplicated.
4. The price is definitely on the higher side.
5. The shine of the shine perfecting serum could be better. It hardly does its job there.
MY RATING: 3/5.
WILL I BUY AGAIN? Ummm….No. If I can pay almost Rs. 600 for this, I will add a little more and buy a better product because my hair is dry and damaged. But for people who have fairly good hair, this serum can work wonders for them.
Hope you have a wonderful day,
L’Oreal Professionnel INOAColour Review
L’oreal Professional Serie Expert Force Vector Shampoo Review
L’oreal Professional Shine and Curl Masque
Loreal Instant clear Anti Dandruff shampoo review
Matrix Biolage Smoothing Hair Serum Review
Redken Serum Review
Habibs Serum Review
Loreal Professional TEC Liss Control Hair Serum Review
Hair Serum: All about Hair Serums
Matrix Split End Serum Review
Wella Hair Loss System Professional Energy Serum Review
Wella High Gloss Serum Review
Loreal Smooth Intense Serum Review
The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum Review
Livon Silky Potion Review
L’oreal Oiliss Anti-frizz Leave-in Serum Review
Avon Advanced Techniques Hair Frizz Control Review
Oriflame Hair X Anti Ageing Hair Treatment Capsules Review
Dove Daily Shine Therapy with Advanced Serum Shampoo + Conditioner Review
How to Manage Frizzy Curly Hair
Hair & Care Silk n Shine Review
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
7 Homemade Remedies for Hair Split Ends