Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser Review
- For All Skin Types
- Gentle Formula
- Dissolves excess oil, dirt and debris
- PH balanced
- Not tested on animals
Directions for Use: Apply a small amount to clean fingertips and gently massage into damp facial areas in upward, circular motions, avoiding the immediate eye area. Rinse thoroughly or assure removal of cleanser residue with a damp wash cloth.
This mild cleanser is specially formulated with a sugar-derived glycoside foaming agent to thoroughly cleanse skin and remove makeup, without over-drying or stripping skin of its natural oils. With effective emollients Squalane, Apricot Kernel Oil, Vitamin E, and Avocado Oil, our gentle formula dissolves excess oil, dirt, and debris. PH-balanced to maintain skin’s natural balance. Tested for safety and gentleness.
My Experience with Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser:
- It’s a translucent white cleanser that foams up pretty well when you apply it on your skin.
- It’s pretty gentle on skin and never made my skin extra drying or itchy after I washed my face with it. I would say that it does dry my skin but nothing that a regular moisturizer cannot take care of.
- The most special thing about this cleanser is that it also dissolves your face makeup. I have washed my face with Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser after full makeup on and to my surprise, every last bit of makeup comes off. I have never tried removing my eye makeup with it because it’s mentioned on the tube to avoid the cleanser on the direct eye area.
- It smell painfully medicinal. Sometimes I feel I am washing my face with a disprin+ water paste.
- It comes in a squeeze tube so it’s easier to carry around and also control the amount of product that comes out of the tube.
- A little goes a long way. You just need a pea size amount for your face.
- It doesn’t leave any greasy cast or residue behind after you wash your face.
- It does contain SLS so those who prefer soap-free cleansers , this one is not for you.
Overall I would say it’s a great product but I can live without it. People with normal-oily skin would love Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser the most. It kind of sucks out the dirt without really stripping off the extra moisture from your skin. It does maintain the skin’s natural balance. Also, if you are looking for a two in one (makeup remover + cleanser) product, it’s a great pick.
Honestly, my purchasing decision would solely be based on the price because as of now, I do have some good facial cleansers with me.
Here is the swatch:
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-*:-*:-*
Have you used Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser? Please rate in the box below.
The sample product shown in the entry was sent by company/PR for consideration.
17 thoughts on “Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser Review”
Nice Review Rati. Like how you’ve mentioned, I might pick this up based on the price. This one seems to be similar to the Clarins I’m using now.. Prob I’ll stick to the one I’m using currently 🙂
Yeah, I was thinking the same while reviewing this. Both of them sound quite similar and you would probably like this one as well. 🙂
hey rati what super cleansers are u using now?
any for oily skin from ur brands?
he he no super cleansers:P Just the regulars. For oily skin are the Lotus neem and Kama soap free cleanser would suit just every one.
What I meant was that if it’s around 1000 bucks I might not purchase it because I am pretty happy with my cleansing milks and regular cleansers.