Product Purchased by IMBB
Skin type: dry and occasionally acne prone
Skin tone: fair with neutral undertones
L.A. Colors has recently launched some beautiful eye shadow palettes ‘L.A. Colors Sweet! 16 Color Eyeshadow’ and the shade variation in them are really good. I picked one of these palettes for review. Today’s review is on L.A. Colors Sweet! 16 Color Eyeshadow Palette Brave. Let’s get started with the review.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Price: $6 (Rs 675)
So much vibrant eye shadow in one compact makes this palette Sweet! Create a variety of looks by mixing & matching shades available in matte, shiny, and shimmer finishes. Each palette contains 16 pigmented colors that deliver a rich color payout. Mix up some selfie-worthy eye looks! Includes 4 large base colors to enhance any eye look.
16 matte and shimmer shadows to contour, define and create any look you desire.
Highly pigmented and long lasting stay.
Smooth, velvety texture.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
My Experience with L.A. Colors Sweet! 16 Color Eyeshadow Brave:
L.A. Colors Sweet! 16 Color eyeshadow palette range is available in 4 different variants. These are: Playful, Charming, Brave and Seductive. I have been eyeing the ‘Brave’ eyeshadow palette for a long time as the shades in this palette are really nice for creating different looks. It was out of stock for a long time, so as soon as it came back to stock I grabbed this beautiful palette.
This eyeshadow palette comes in a rectangular black coloured container and has a total of 16 eyeshadow pans in it. The packaging is quite sleek and the container is covered by a transparent flip-cover with the brand name written on the top of the cover. The flip cover shuts tight in its place. The palette looks very attractive from the outside and is travel-friendly as well. All the ingredient details and the shade name are written on the back face of the black container in white font. The only con is the packaging is that this palette does not come with an applicator brush. You must have your own set of eye makeup brushes for application. Overall, I am happy with its packaging.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Shade and Pigmentation:
The shade ‘Brave’ is a beautiful palette which has a mix of stunning shimmery nudes, bronzes, browns and mauvish hues. I love nude palettes a lot, but in this palette, the colours are so versatile that you can mix and match different shades to create beautiful looks. I never owned a palette like this and I can already see the different looks that I create using this. Let’s talk about each of the shades in this palette individually.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Top Row, Left to Right:
• A stunning nude shade that has very light shimmers in it. Pigmentation is quite intense and there are no fallouts in this shade.
• It is a brownish shade that has slight plum undertones to it. This shade is also quite shimmery but the shimmery-ness in this shade is not very high. Good pigmentation and gives a good colour intensity. There are little fallouts in this shade. Shimmers tend to spread in this shade. It is ideal to be used in the crease area.
• A magenta shade with fine shimmers in it. This shade is another stunning shade and my most favourite shade in this palette. It is great for creating evening looks. Decent pigmentation but there is little fallout in this shade.
• A pure brown shade that has no shimmers in it. Great for creating office looks and smokey eyes. Pigmentation is not that good and there are little fallouts in this shade.
• A yellow ochre shade that gives a satin finish. Has no shimmers in it. Pigmentation is poor and you would need 3-4 swipes for getting the maximum colour payoff.
• Another beautiful shimmery shade that is not purely brown and has slight greenish undertones to it. The quality of this shade is the best. It is a unique colour. No fall outs in this shade.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Middle Row, Left to Right:
• A peach colour that has no hint of shimmers in it. It can be used on the eyelid as a base colour. Pigmentation is not very good for this shade, you would multiple swipes. There are no fallouts.
• This is another nude shade that has shimmers in it. It can be used as a highlighter to define the brow bones. Pigmentation is really good but shimmers tend to spread in this shade.
• A pure maroon shade with brown undertones in it that has no shimmers. Great to be used in the crease area for creating bold looks. Quality of this shade is good.
• A pure magenta shade that has no shimmers in it. It is purely contrary to the shimmery magenta shade in the top row. Pigmentation is good with no fallout.
• Another nude shade from this palette. Ideal for office looks where you want to apply the shadow only on the lid area. Pigmentation is not that good, it needs multiple swipes. Not much fallout.
• A burnt orange terracotta shade which is a unique colour. Great for creating summer makeup looks. Swatches beautifully and has decent pigmentation. Has little fallout. Love this shade.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
Bottom Row, Left to Right:
• A muted off-white shade that has minute shimmers in it. Can be used as a highlighter. Lacks pigmentation.
• A simple nude shade that has peachy undertones to it. Contains no shimmer. Can be used as a base shade on the lid area. No fallouts in this shade.
• A very light version of yellow that has no shimmers in it. It is kind of a yellowish nude shade. It is quite powdery, has poor pigmentation and needs multiple swipes for full coverage. Least favourite shade in this palette.
• The last shade in this palette which is a mix of plum, brown and pink colours. The unique shade which has a good pigmentation. There are little fallouts in this shade.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
After swatching all the shades individually, I realised that the shimmery shades in the palette have more fallout than the non-shimmery ones. Applying them using an eyeshadow brush is difficult. Usage of a primer is mandatory in the shimmery shades because shimmers tend to spread all over the face. Some of the non-shimmery shades have poor pigmentation.
I expected that the pigmentation could be better. Since this palette also comes in a number of lighter shades, it can be used as a daily makeup routine. The colours are really unique and show up on the eyes well. Overall, pigmentation is great for most of the shades. They give a beautiful colour-payoff and go with most of the outfits. Overall, the shade range is very versatile and I love it.
Texture and Quality:
All the shades have a soft texture that blends beautifully on the eyes. These shades have a creamy texture and remind me a lot of the high-end brand palettes. I usually use an eyeshadow brush during application, but you can also apply it using your fingers. Especially for the shimmery shades, finger application is more useful.
The shades don’t feel patchy and ensure a smooth finish post application. While applying the shimmery shades, if you use a wet brush, the colour intensity will be more beautiful and they will give a stunning look in the eyes. I mix and match different colours to create different looks. I really loved the way this palette fared for me. In a nutshell, this is a nicely formulated palette.
These shades stay in place for a decent amount of time without any creasing. They last for about 5-6 hours which I think are good at this price value. If you have oily lids, you will definitely need a primer prior to application; otherwise, the intensity will gradually fade away. These shades are easy to remove as well. They come off easily with any makeup remover.
I am impressed with the quality of this palette. The colours are quite unique and versatile. Such shades will suit all Indian skin tones and look very beautiful on eyes. I am totally happy with this purchase and I would recommend it to readers.
Pros of L.A. Colors Sweet! 16 Color Eyeshadow Brave:
• Travel-friendly packaging
• Versatile shade selection
• Comes in a total of 16 shades
• Very affordable
• Has a mix of nudes, bronzes, browns, pinks and peachy shades
• Pigmentation is decent for most of the shades
• Soft texture that blends effortlessly
• Delivers a smooth and even finish
• Does not feel patchy
• Stays for a decent period of time
• Has a mix of shimmery and plain shades
• Does not crease
• Lightweight formula
Cons of L.A. Colors Sweet! 16 Color Eyeshadow Brave:
• Does not come with an applicator brush
• Shimmery shades have fallout
• Some of the non-shimmery shades have poor colour-payoff
• Shimmer shades are difficult to apply with a brush
• Primer application needed for oily lids
• Shimmers can spread over the face
• Some shades need multiple swipes for true colour intensity
• No mirror provided
IMBB Rating: 4/5
Would I Recommend/Repurchase L.A. Colors Sweet! 16 Color Eyeshadow Brave?
Yes, I highly recommend it and I would like to try other variants from this range.
L.A. Colors Browie Wowie Brow Pencil Espresso
L.A. Colors Heavenly Moisture Cream Lipstick
L.A Colors CES445 Sunflower 3 Color Eyeshadow
L.A. Colors Whirlwind Matte Lipstick
Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave 30 Eyeshadow Palette
MAC Lipstick Brave Red, E/s Dazzlelight, Blush Gingerly, Bobbi Brown Lipstick Rosy
Dior 5 Couleurs 797 Feel Eyeshadow Palette
Pat McGrath Mothership III Eyeshadow Palette Subversive