Lips get drier and thinner with the age, particularly the upper lip and thus the lipstick tends to bleed. It is essential to make lips look fuller for a younger look. You need to keep your lips heavily moisturised, and apply some exfoliation once in a while to keep the texture smooth
You should avoid metallic, bright and dark shades. Instead apply neutral shades and consider lip gloss over lipstick as it gives more fullness. – Aashmeen Munjal, makeup artist
Your lips also need some pampering. Remove dry chapped skin by rubbing your lips gently with a gentle face scrub or a soft baby tooth brush. Apply some lip balm on your dry lips, let it soak in, and then rub it off with a brush or a soft towel. Then wash off with a face wash. After that apply almond oil or ghee and massage in. Do this at night for a soft pout in the morning.
Dos in Lipstick Application
- Use creamy or vitamin enriched lipsticks to keep your lips moisturized.
- Always outline your lips with a lip liner outside your natural lip line as it helps in giving an illusion of a fuller lip
- For luscious sheen apply translucent lip gloss.
- Apply shades that closely match your natural lip colour.
- You can fill up your lips with a lip liner the colour of your lipstick to avoid it from bleeding.
Don’ts in Lipstick Application
- Avoid using dark shades as they make lips look thinner.
- Do not apply the lipstick outside the lip’s natural shape. Avoid drawing your mouth.
- Avoid dry matte lipsticks.
- Do not forget to take off your lipstick before going to bed.
Keeping these lipstick application tips and tricks in mind would always give your lips a shiny, luscious look.
Source Beauty India