Livon Silky Potion
I remember when Livon Silky Potion was launched in India in the early 2000’s it was met with much curiosity. I wasn’t oil, and yet it you put it on after you wash your hair. It made you hair silky, without the chip-chip pan (stickyness). And it guaranteed to give you soft, detangled, manageable hair.
I am sure it got a lot of people curious, but whether the product took off immediately or not, I am not sure. But what it did manage to do is introduce the concept of hair serums to every Indian household. Today there is a variety of both Indian and imported hair serums available in India. I picked up Livon Silky Potion (aka I LOVE MY HAIR- Detangling Fluid) and some thing is an green package with Bipasha’s photo on it. Of course the one in the green bottle didn’t impress me, that is why I don’t remember it. But I recently ran out of the hair serum that I currently use and picked up my Livon. ParasPharma.Com
According to the manufacturer Paras Pharma:
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
- “Almost every woman has to put up with frizzy, tangled, dry or dull hair. That’s why every girl needs Livon. Enriched with Vitamin E and a unique CutiSoft formula, Livon is perfect for everyone who wants perfect hair.
- It gently detangles hair and reduces breakage, leaving behind a shiny, protective sheath that keeps your hair soft, shiny and beautiful.
- No matter what your hair type, Livon can set it free from almost every problem. So don’t let hair problems tear you and your hair apart. Fall in love with your hair again with Livon Silky Potion.”
What I say about Livon Silky Potion: Livon is a hair serum, that means it’s not quite a cream nor an oil. It’s consistency can best be described as a slightly viscous oil, that gets absorbed completely upon application to hair/skin. Now I used the word “absorb” cause it disappears and doesn’t leave any sticky-ness or wet-ness behind. But what the product is really doing is coating your skin/hair. The “CutiSoft” thing sounds to me like Silicon. A lot of hair products contain Silicon, that makes a coating over the hair and makes them less dry and frizzy. Is Silicon bad for you? I’m on the fence with this one. While I’ve pretty much blacklisted Sulphates, I haven’t reached a verdict on Silicone and use hair products that contain it.
THE PRICE: The product is available in a couple of sizes. I have the 20ml tiny-tiny bottle that I paid Rs.50 for. Taking the amount into consideration the cost averages out to as much as I pay for my CHI and John Frieda serums. I’ve used the product about three or four times! It’s a smalllll bottle!
USE: I apply the product mostly to the ends of my hair and then comb through my hair to ensure that the products gets spread around evenly. I then let my hair air-dry. The product has a very faint almost indiscernible smell, which I cannot smell at all as my shampoo and conditioner have pretty strong smells. Ok, here is what works and what does not.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
PROS of Livon Silky Potion:
- It makes my hair smooth. Now I haven’t tried this product on without conditioner, but having used my shampoo and conditioner without a serum, I can tell the difference. This definitely adds smoothness and further pushes my cuticles down = less visible splitends.
- It detangles my hair. I lose a lot of hair when I try to comb it after I wash it (even with a shampoo comb) so I just put this on and let my hair dry. And Voila! There are no tangles, I can run my hands through my hair without it getting stuck half way.
- This is what the website claims it does:
- I’m not sure what does yellow and red things are…but it sure does live up to its claim!
- It’s pretty decently priced. The bottle should last me about two weeks, which means Rs. 100 a month! I’ve used the product about 3-4 times and have quite some of my tiny bottle left, which leads me to the next point…
- A little of this products packs a lot of punch. You don’t need a LOT of it at all. Just a few tiny drops are enough to coat you hair.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
- I’m one of those weird people that like for my products to smell good, so I’m kind of disappointed that this doesn’t smell amazing. On the upside, a weak smell might mean it doesn’t have that many strong chemicals.
- My bottle is too small. I’m gonna out pretty soon. Ok, I understand this isn’t a product drawback, but rather my fault! I really don’t have anything else to add here!
VERDICT: Compared to other serums I’ve used, this fares better than John Frieda, Citre Shine, that Bipasha one, Garnier Fructis, and some others I don’t remember. It works as well as L’Oreal, CHI and Biosilk, which is another way to say…IT’S AWESOME.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India