WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I had very silky straight hair from birth. Due to excessive blow drying, stress and weather conditions (I was living in a cold country for one year, without oiling my hair), and my hair became very thin, brush like ,with lots of frizz, basically very damaged. So, I had to keep cutting them in short layers. Even though it was damaged, it still kept growing lengthy after each cut. Work took me to Gurgoan, fed up with the frizzy unmanageable hair, I walked into a newly-opened salon next door to my guest house on a weekend. The stylist suggested rebonding and color. He said he can restore my hair to its silk straight form and with the usage of professional shampoo, mask and serum, I can maintain it.
Well, this was 3 years ago, I still have the silky straight hair, thanks to Wella System Professional range of products for damaged hair. My hair just loves this entire range. It costs a bomb, but worth investing!
After washing with the shampoo and mask, I towel dry my hair and then apply the System Professional exquisite gloss. This gloss was previously marketed and available as System Professional Platinum Gloss, now the same product has been renamed as exquisite gloss. The difference is you can now use this gloss on wet and dry hair.
It comes in a sleek 40 ml glass bottle with a pump-like nozzle. For medium length hair, just use a pearl drop size of this gloss and distribute into the lengths of your hair.
For long hair, you might need to use 2-3 drops; it gives a sleek, shiny, frizz-free finish.
People with frizz hair can also try this after each wash, it gives a neat finish.
It’s a transparent oil-like liquid with a pleasant smell. Most of the times, the smell still lingers on my hands. Also, the product, it’s a bit sticky, I keep this as my last application since I have sensitive skin on my face. I finish with all my sunscreen and makeup and then do my hair, better to wash your hands after using this product!
Around 3 years back, the cost was Rs. 800. I got this from the salon in Gurgoan. I now got this from Australia for 30 $ (original price was 37$). As per my research, this product is much more cheaper in Europe (10 Euros). It is sold in selected salons in Delhi, Chennai, and Mumbai.
The ingredients listed on the product are cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, isodocdecane, parfum, toco-pherly acetate, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, hydroxyisohexyl 3 –cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, benzyl salicylate, butylphenyl, methylpropoonal, limonene, alphaisomethyl, linalool, citronellol, coumarin.
Pros of Wella SP Exquisite Gloss
1. Very light on the hair, doesn’t weigh down or makes it greasy (contradicts its sticky nature).
2. Don’t have to use daily, use just after each wash.
3. In spite of containing chemicals, haven’t seen it damaging my hair, guess it depends on using this the right way.
4. A 40 ml bottle for a shoulder length hair, came for 3 yrs, just a drop is needed, so that’s why I mentioned it as a good investment.
Cons of Wella SP Exquisite Gloss
1. Price – even though I mentioned it’s worth an investment, it’s still a high price when it comes to a hair care product for normal people in India. The first time I told my mom it’s price, she raised her eyebrows and rolled her eyes, but when people complimented my hair, the same mom was rather proud!
2. Availability – only in salons. Hope soon some online sites will sell this with discounts
3. Comes in a glass bottle, so have to be very careful when carrying it in the handbag, just don’t toss your handbag, it might break!
Will I Buy Wella SP Exquisite Gloss Again:
I will continue to use this product and definitely buy another one; hopefully the salons will still have it!
Wella Hair Loss System Professional Energy Serum
Wella System Professional Hydrate Dry Hair Mask
Wella System Professional Hydrate Shampoo
Wella High Hair Gloss Serum Review
Wella Hair Loss System Professional Energy Serum Review
The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum Review
Loreal Smooth Intense Serum Review
L’oreal Professionnel Shine Perfecting Serum Liss Ultime Review
Livon Silky Potion Review
Have You Used Wella SP Exquisite Gloss Before? Please Rate in the Box Below: