WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
FIRSTLY, I did not buy this L’Oreal lipstick am reviewing today now i brought this about 2.5 years ago as later I came to know they test on animals I stopped buying loreal.even the shampoos and hair dyes.
I made my mum from L’Oreal and just went off L’Oreal but I have about 5-6 L’Oreal products which I have brought earlier and am on to finishing those.
According to their website these are the brands they own or have share with:
- L’Oreal Paris
- Maybelline NY
- Shu umera
- art of hair
- Ysl beaute
- Shu umera
- Victor and rolf
- Maison martin margiela
- L’Oreal professional
- Keraskin esthetics
- Giorgio Armani
- Ralph Lauren
- La roche posay
So I cannot really say if their animal testing and other blames of racism about which I have read on wiki are valid to all these brands because some of these are not cosmetic brands.
For more visit HERE
About the lipstick: These are limited edition lipsticks “inspired” by stars. There are five different shades with matching liners. The lipstick comes in a chic, shiny black tube with gold accents and is “signed” by the woman whom it’s named for.
Here you can see it on the India website for L’Oreal.
I chose “Aishwarya’s Beige” because it seemed the most neutral, and I was shopping for a nude colour at the time. And I happened to see this lying in the L’Oreal section in Wal-Mart and as compared to the other star secret lipsticks ashwariya’s column was full. No one had brought any lipstick with her shade and I would confess and say being an Indian student in America I was bound to pick at least one up as I did not like the rack full while rest KNOWN celebrities lipsticks had been brought. That was my sole reason apart from the nude lip research that made me pick this up. It’s a nice colour, seems like it would work for most skin tones. It has a slight shimmer and makes my lips look moist and plump.
I have attached 2 pictures of ashwariya rai along with the lipstick pictures where she is wearing this colour (at least it seems like she is).so you can predict what her own colour looks like on her.
I’ve used Color Riche in the past and it seems they’ve improved the formula. It doesn’t dry out and has good staying power. It’s enriched with Omega-3 and Vitamin E so it’s good for your lips. It has the same sort of scent it did years ago– sort of a cosmetic-y, powdery smell that I could do without.
- Very neutral very nude most skin types colour
- Limited addition
- Great moisture content.
- Many of my Caucasian skin tone friends love this lipstick as it is their perfect nude.i.e their lips but better colour.
- Widely available, when it was launched all over the world I think it was available in India as well.
- Shiny, very sheer mauve-beige lipstick toned down my darker top lip and made both my lips look alike without the added heaviness of a lipstick
- I personally did not expect much out of either the L’Oreal lipsticks or ashwariyas colour. Not me.
- Some of my friends have actually gone ahead and stocked this one for the fear of this getting over.yes,they are so much in love with this one.
- Pretty packaging. Classy black.
For me it’s more bad than good. As I said, I picked it up only for the heck of it.
- It makes me look dirty. Like dirty lips. No perfect nudeness and no great colour.
- Not much sheen even though after a number of times of applying, it doesn’t pay off
- The only way I like to wear this is under a glam shine lip-gloss in nude
- It does not suit my skin tone and makes me look temporarily dead
- It fades off quickly
- My lips are pigmented and they need an evening out effect this does nothing to help.
- Maybe this would be a great colour for pink/peach even coloured lips.
- I loathe the smell.
- I use Estee Lauder Sugar Honey Lipstick as well and that is also nudish but with a golden shimmer in it.I like that better.
- It is loreal, my heart aches when I look at it now.
- I am not buying this again need a stronger nude than this
Have you tried L’Oreal Colour Riche Stars Lipcolour Lipstick, Aishwarya’s Beige ?
Also Read :
- L’Oreal Made For me Naturals Lipstick Review
- L’Oreal Glam Shine Cream Lipstick Review
- L’oreal Color Riche Accords Intense Lipsticks – Swatches & Photos
- L’oreal Color Riche Shine Gelee (Golden Vanilla) Swatches and Review
- Best of Makeup – Ask IMBB