WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi all the beautiful ladies on imbb! This is my first review and I am super excited about it! 🙂 I bought L’oreal True Match Perfecting Foundation some time back from lifestyle and the shade I got is c3, that is beige rose. Now this shade does not match my skin tone (it is 2 shades darker). I kept telling the L’oreal SA that it isn’t the right shade for me but she said that it is.. And since I was with my parents I decided not to argue with her!
What L’oreal Claims about True Match Perfecting Foundation
• Matches the colour and texture of your skin
• Ultra-fine pigments to perfectly match your skin tone
• Super-blendable, perfect coverage, without caking
• True-to-skin shades without tide marks
• A beautiful, flawless looking complexion… Your skin only better
• Dermatologically tested
• The L’oreal Paris site claims: In true-to-skin shades across warm, cool and neutral tones, True Match liquid foundation perfectly matches the colour and texture of your skin, hiding imperfections with its micro-fine, creamy texture. The result: natural looking, skin-true colour, outstanding coverage with no caking.
Price: Rs. 770 for 30ml. I got it at a discounted price.
When I used it for the first time I wasn’t happy with it. Maybe I just couldn’t find the right way of using it. But later, when I learnt the correct way of using it, I was just too happy to get this product (though I wish that I had got the right shade for me!!!)
When I try to blend using my fingers, it gives a bad finish. So when I had just bought this product I was thinking that I had wasted all my money! But when I tried blending it with a sponge (which I bought from my beautician ) it worked wonders for me.
I have attached this picture to show you a scar that an accident left me with. Though it is a SCAR, look at it carefully and you’ll notice that it is Heart-Shaped!
The technique which I use with this foundation is that I dot it on my face, and then blend very properly with a moist sponge. Now when it comes to use this on the neck, I use the same technique, but I have to be faster in blending.
Pros of L’oreal True Match Perfecting Foundation
• Very less quantity is required for covering the entire face and neck.
• Actually blends very nicely and gives a medium coverage!! I’m happy with the coverage it provides.
• Lasts for quite a long time without caking, 6-7 hours.
• Gives me a very natural look.
• Works as an eye shadow primer too!!! (I use it )
• Comes with a pump. Hygienic!!
• The consistency is neither runny nor too thick. This product won’t flow like a liquid.
• This product never broke me out!! ( I have normal to oily skin)
Cons of L’oreal True Match Perfecting Foundation
• You need to use a foundation blending sponge to blend it perfectly. Using your finger won’t give an absolutely flawless look.
• Comes in a bottle which might threaten you to keep it very properly! (Or it may break)
• Does not blend very quickly. You need to give a little more effort.
• A bit hard to blend on the neck. Though the task becomes easier with practice and the SPONGE that I have mentioned!!
• No SPF
• No ingredient list on the product.
I must say that it is worth every penny. But I’m not sure if it gives a very high coverage, as it isn’t required on my skin. I only need a medium coverage and this product satisfies my need!! I personally love the coverage it provides to my face!
Will I Re-purchase it: Yes!!! But the one which matches my skin tone!!!
Rating : :-* :-* :-* :-* out of 5.