MAC Cream Colour Base in HUSH- Review
Like every IMBB girl, me too wanted MAC paint pot in Painterly or Soft Ochre. But like everybody, I got the same answer- “It’s out of stock”.
So when I was shopping with Rati in December, I got this Cream Colour Base in Hush.
Price: Rs. 1000/- for 3.2 g.
What MAC says?
Versatile and multi-purpose, Cream Colour Base can be applied directly to bare skin, or layered over foundation, moisturizer, or powder. Apply with a brush, sponge, or fingers. Colour effects range from a light veil to highly dramatic, depending on method of application. Fragrance-free. (The following shades are not recommended for use in lip area: Fawntastic and Black. The following shades are not recommended for use in the eye area: Fabulush and Improper Copper.)
So the one I got, Hush, is actually good for eyes, lips and cheeks.
Here’s my Cream Colour Base:
The shade is Hush. The finish is Frost:
Here’s a swatch of the CCB. It’s just one swipe.
What I really love about MAC CCB Hush:
1. It’s extremely light. When I apply it on my lids, my lids feel bare. There is no weight, no stickiness (biggest con of UDPP) or oiliness.
2. It just glides easily on the lids. No need to tug and oull.
3. It sets in 15-20 seconds, giving you plenty of time to blend and spread. UDPP or for that matter MUFE Aqua Cream set too quickly, so that you need nimble fingers.
4. Once set, it is budge-proof, smudge-proof and water/sweat/tears-proof.
5. Though the texture is highly frosty, it goes almost sheer on the eyes. You can build it up as much as you want.
6. You can very easily go from sheer translucence to frosty opacity. Just layer it on.
7. It works for shimmery, satiny or matte eye shadows and blushes.
8. Here’s a swatch of Maybelline Chai Latte quad’s darkest shade with and without base:
You can see how good the colour pay-off is. Also though the shade above is perfectly matte, notice how the base subtly illuminates it.
9. The MAC MUA who applied this on me was telling me the same thing, but I didn’t believe him till I tried it myself. 😛
10. Here’s a swatch of MAC Beauty Powder in Briar Rose. This blush has satin finish, and look how pretty it look on top of the base. Brighter and glowing!!!
11. The CCB makes my shadows and blush completely waterproof. I have held my hand under running water before clicking this pic. The bare swatch got washed off. But take a look at the swatch with base!!! As good as new!!! 😀 😀 😀
12. My eye shadows and blushes last forever on top of the CCB.
13. Eyeshadows stay on without creasing for at least 4-5 hours.
14. I hardly wear eye makeup and blushes without this nowadays.
15. The packaging is classy MAC.
16. I generally apply this on my eyes with flat e/s brush and on my cheeks using my fingers.
17. It’s gonna last forever. 😛 One swipe is enough to cover my entire lid. And I have enormous eyes!!!
18. I am using this since December and it look barely touched.
19. This particular shade should work for all complexions.
What I don’t like about MAC CCB:
1. This shade looks very awkward on my lips. But that’s wholly and solely my problem, and doesn’t take away any points from the product.
This has become a staple in my kit. I use it almost everyday and I want to buy many more shades of this. Loving it totally!!!
So girls, if you are not getting Paint pots, this is a worthy replacement.
My rating: :-* :-* :-* :-*
Hope you liked the review.
Lots of love
Have you used MAC Cream Colour Base Hush? Please rate in the box below
MAC Painterly Paint Pot Review
MAC Paint Pot : Rubenesque, Delft Review, Photos, Swatches
MAC Groundwork Paint Pot Review
MAC Cham Pale Paint Pot, Eye Shadow Quad Photos, Swatches
MAC Paint Pot Soft Ochre – Review, Photos, Swatches
MAC Cream Colour Base Improper Copper Review, Swatch, FOTD