MAC Groundwork Paint Pot review
MAC Groundwork Paint Pot : Hello all the IMBB beauties :*. I am back from my most memorable Delhi trip. I managed to have a glance to Delhi’s awesome malls. But with my BF around could not concentrate on shopping much :P.
Today I am going to review a MAC product which I adore and am using it since quite a while. It’s a eye shadow base product- paint pot! MAC has a fairly large collection of paint pots with different colors which work as base for different eye shadow looks. Some of them can be worn as eye shadows itself.
I used MAC painterly paint pot for quite long (bought another one too which I barely use now) before switching to MAC groundwork paint pot.
This was suggested to me by a make-up guru. But I made the switch only after personally swatching it at the MAC store few months back.
About MAC Groundwork Paint pot:
- It’s a creamy eye color base which dries to smooth, vibrant finish.
- Works great for medium to dark tone skin.
- It is a neutral taupe color with satin texture specially suited for Indian skin tone.
- It has a long-lasting and crease-proof formula.
Price: INR. 1050/-
My take on MAC Groundwork Paint Pot
I prefer this over painterly as this matches my skin tone (dark circles rather :P) perfectly. I am NC 42 in MAC. Painterly is very good as base for lighter eye shadow colors but it use to give me an ashy look with some neutral colors. Those with fair skin tone can go ahead with painterly. But girls with olive, medium or tan skin tone should definitely give Groundwork a try.
Here’s a swatch of the product on back of my hand. (P.S-my hand is fairer than my face 🙁 )
I have swatched purple eye shadows from Avon eye shadow Quad since they are not very pigmented otherwise. But with groundwork as base they come out nice and usable.
Avon Eyeshadow Quad
A small comparison with Painterly paint pot
You can see my painterly is hardly touched after I laid my hands on groundwork. 🙂
Painterly and Groundwork swatched side by side on hand.
You can see how well MAC Groundwork has matched with my skin tone than MAC Painterly, which is giving a rather chalky look. It gives more chalky look to my eyes because of my dark circle.
What I like about MAC Groundwork paint pot?
- Its texture is very creamy, giving a satiny finish to the eyes.
- It works as a very good primer for eye shadow, without any creasing for hours.
- It matches my NC 42 skin tone well.
- You can wear it as eye shadow itself.
- It does not give my eyes ashy look.
- It works well as a base for almost all eye shadow colors.
- It is long-lasting, I have been using it twice a week since 3 months and the product still looks barely used. (I think it will last me more than a year) ;).
What I don’t like about MAC Groundwork paint pot?
- It may not work for very fair skin-tone.
- Price may be a negative factor. But trust me it lasts really long.
- Blending should be done very quickly as it dries out faster.
Note: Please check your product before leaving the store as I had an experience of getting dried our product. It could not be used at all. The MAC MUA was kind enough to exchange it even though I had lost my pay receipt….phwewww!!
Have you used MAC Groundwork Paint Pot? Please rate in the box below.
Further readings :