MAC Cream Colour Base-Improper Copper Review and Swatch
Hello pretty ladies…hope you all doing well. Today I will review a much talked-about MAC product i.e Cream Color Base. It is a multi-purpose product which can be used for eyes, lips, cheeks and all over face (varies on the shades though). There are number of shades available in this range- some are permanent while others are added as per their limited addition range.
The shade I shall review today is ‘Improper Copper’. It is celebrity favourite. So stay tuned!! :yahoo:
(image from MAC website)
Number of shades in their permanent collection: 8
Name Description of shade Finish
- Luna – Bright white with shimmer Frost
- Pearl – Pale gold with icy shimmer Frost
- Hush – Soft peach with icy shimmer Frost
- Shell – Soft pink-beige with shimmer Frost
- Improper- copper Copper with high-karat gold Frost
- Fabulush – Candy red with gold shimmer Frost
- Fawntastic – Baby-faced beige Frost
- Dusk – Taupe brown with gold shimmer Frost
Price: INR 1000/-
Quantity: 3.2 g/ .12 oz
Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [+/- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)].
What MAC says about their Cream color base?
Versatile and multi-purpose, MAC Cream Colour Base can be applied directly to bare skin, or layered over foundation, moisturizer, or powder. Apply with a brush, sponge, or fingers. Colour effects range from a light veil to highly dramatic, depending on method of application. Fragrance-free. (The following shade is not recommended for use in lip area: Fawntastic and Black. The following shades are not recommended for use in the eye area: Fabulush and Improper Copper.)
Packaging is very neat like their blushes.
As some of you know that I recently attended my sister’s wedding. And therefore I wanted some nice products to create a day wedding look. And what other place than MAC?
So the look suggested by MAC MUA was flattering and I ended up buying all the products he used on my eyes and cheeks. This was one of them. I have very few cheek products. I am more of eyes and lips person than cheeks. But I always wondered if I could get the glowy flawless cheeks Malaika and Bipasha and other Bollywood queens always flaunt. So I asked the MUA for a product that would give me a nice dewy glow without being OTT! And he got this Cream Color Base out from the shelf and applied it on the top of my cheek bones and brow bones as highlighter. And voila!! Like magic it gave me the nice shimmery glow perfect for wedding and not being OTT. I was more that happy with the result. It was a very sheer glow which I like.
About the product, this is cream based frosty product with nice flip packaging. The color looks orangy copper but don’t be afraid of the garish look in the pan. It is a nice sheer, perfect, bronzy pinkish gold color. It can be applied with brush but I prefer finger tips. (as u can see my fingerprints in the pics 😛 )
Where can this Cream Color Base be used?
- Though MAC says not to use this color base on eye area, I experimented and tried using it as e/s base and it gave me nice results with MAC bronze e/s.
- I use this on the top of my cheek bones for a nice dewy glow. You can layer it depending how much shimmer you want. I would like more for a night time party/wedding look.
- It can double up as a highlighter for the brow bone. So you can skip buying a highlighting shade if you are going for a coppery look. ( this was suggested by MUA and he helped me save money by not letting me buy a highlighting e/s 😛 )
- If you want nice highlighted lips…just top this over your favourite mate lipstick. Just tap a little in the middle of your lower lip to give you a nice shimmery pout. (I rather not want shimmer all over my lips…so just in the middle of lower lip will do the trick…try it! :)) )
(Blended on hand)
You can see from the picture how beautifully it blends to leave a sheer glow! :))
Pros of MAC Cream Colour Base
• I love the fact that it is a multi-use product. As I have already mentioned above how you can use this product to highlight different features. These are just some. You can try and experiment your own 🙂
• Price is not bad for such a multi-use product.
• It does not look over the top even if used for getting dewy glow for daily make-up.
• Blends very well.
• Pigmentation is nice. You can layer it according to your like. Sheer for subtle highlight and layer more for that traditional bridal look.
• Highly recommended for wedding and party looks. I would definitely love this as a bridal color.
Cons of MAC Cream Colour Base
Only one I could think of.
• Overall I like this a lot. But I surely can’t use this all over face (MUA suggested this) as I have combination skin and this is cream based. It will accentuate pores. And this is definitely not a color to be used all over. So it’s just highlighting for me with this.
This is how it looks on me.
I have used it to highlight top of my cheek bones and brow bones. You can see a slight glow. :))
My Rating: :star: :star: :star: :star: + 0.5
I wanted to treat myself for Valentine Day. So I got this heart-shaped pendant chain from Avon as a gift for myself. It comes in this cute baby pink heart-shaped laced packaging. Thought of sharing the pics. Hope you like it too. :happydance: :happydance:
And me wearing it :))
Have a great day!!