Hi Everyone, 🙂
Today I am reviewing two eyeshadows that I use on and off – Haux and Blanc Type. Both the eyeshadows are great for those with light to medium skin tones and are great everyday colors. 🙂
MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow
- Price : Rs 720 (refill)
- Finish : matte
- Color : creamy beige
- Texture : smooth and very soft. It almost feels creamy when you touch it with finger tips. No fall out.
- Longevity : stays on all day long without fading. I use an eyeshadow primer underneath.
- Pigmentation : super pigmented
- Goes Best : as an everyday highlighter
- Skin Tones : those with light to medium skin tones can use it as an all over lid color. But for women of color, it is best used as a highlight color for brow bone and inner corners.
- Do I like It? It is an absolutely excellent every day highlight. I personally also like it because it is not a whitish shade of a highlighter so it sort of blends with my warm skin tone. However since this eyeshadow is super pigmented, you have to be careful that you don’t apply too much of it. For most Indian skin tones, I wouldn’t call it a must have.
- Rating : 4.5/5
MAC Haux Eyeshadow
- Price : Rs 720 (refill)
- Finish : satin
- Color : soft muted rosy brown / a soft brown with plum undertones
- Texture : super smooth. Does not have any fall out as well.
- Longevity : stays all day long without creasing. I use my eyeshadows on top of a primer.
- Pigmentation : very pigmented
- Goes Best : as a crease color. As an all over shade, I find it dull. It’s more of a transition / socket shade.
- Skin Tones : light to medium
- Do I like It? Totally like it. When I am not in a mood to wear my regular brown eyeshadows , Haux is what I reach for. I love how the reddish undertones add a bit of warmth to the look. You can smudge your kohl with it and it creates lovely smokey eyes. Not a great lid color. I feel it makes me look tired when I apply it all over. If you have green eyes, rather than picking up a regular brown go for a plummy shade. Mauve/ plum / purples bring out the greens of the eyes. 🙂 I wouldn’t call this a universally flattering shade. Definitely give a try before picking it up. It’s a brown with a twist but may not work for everyone. 🙂
- Rating : 4.8/5
Swatches : left : blanc type, right : haux
EOTD : Blanc type used in the inner corner and as a brow highlighter(very lightly), haux used in crease.
101 MAC Eyeshadow Photos, Swatches
12 Must Have MAC Eyeshadows for Indian Skin Tones
46 MAC Eyeshadow Photos, Swatches
MAC Eyeshadow – Beauty Marked
MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow Review, Swatch
MAC Eyeshadow Plum Dressing Review, Swatch and EOTD
MAC Eyeshadow Trax Review, Swatch, EOTD