MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Powder Review
This blog goes for Priya, Rashmi and Lavanya [hope I didn’t miss anyone] who have been waiting patiently all these days. Sorry guys my baby shower followed by my sickness did hold me from writing this review.
Now coming to the review directly, when my sis got this the SA has suggested to use this powder after applying foundation and before using the compact but I tried it in all ways I can.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
I used it in the following ways
- Foundation + MAC Prep and Prime + Compact
- Foundation + Compact + MAC Prep and Prime
- Foundation + MAC Prep and Prime
- Moisturizer + MAC Prep and Prime
- Bare face + MAC Prep and Prime
And this worked fine in all ways I have mentioned!!!!!!
I was a bit skeptic when I saw the color so I always made sure I take only a little amount and it blends so well with my skin leaving no whitish shade. Once I was confident about this I started using this without hesitating even a bit and taking the right amount required for my face and neck.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
This is a loose powder and I mean really loose, ya it just flies when I open the lid. There is a sticker once you open the lid. Thank God I didn’t open it completely, otherwise I would have lost half of the powder already. Every time I use it I make sure only my AC is on and not the fan. Also I didn’t throw the sticker, I just peel little and close it whenever needed.
This is really soft on my skin and never had any problem with this one. I just dab a little more on my T-zone and it completely sets my make up. I think people with oily skin [Priya are you listening] must go for this one. If you think your make up leaves your skin cakey in a while then this is a must have product for you.
Priced at Rs.1250 in India. If you are prepared to get a MAC product then I think you should be prepared for this price as well. This is one product that will suit all skin types and colors, is what I feel. I tried it on my mum and my friend who have different skin types and colors and it looked perfect on them too. Anyways if you are not so sure you can try it before you decide to buy it for yourself.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
This is not a product you cannot live without but at the same time if you have this you can be more confident about your make up through out the day. So think guys 😉 Am I tempting you too much 😉
What I like about MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder?
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
- It is very sheer and light once applied on the skin.
- Compact and easy to be carried around in handbags.
- Easily available in all MAC stores.
- Can be used alone or even with any foundation or compact. You can work it your own way depending upon the occasion and it just works fine in all ways.
- One powder suits all.
- Sets the make up perfectly.
- Lasts long enough so that I hardly think of any touch – ups.
- Perfect setting powder I have even come across, especially for the ones with oily skin.
What I don’t like about this MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing powder?
- Mac has not provided any applicator with this powder. For the price they could have provided a decent applicator. So now I am in search of an applicator that could be carried along with this powder.
- Since it is very powdery, it easily flies if the sticker in the lid is removed. So one has to be really very careful while using this if you are traveling or if your fan is on. This is a disturbing factor for me.
- Could have given more quantity for the price [also for the fact anyone who uses it first will lose some amount by letting the powder fly ;)] as I use it regularly these days and I am not being very generous fearing it might get over soon. lol 😉
My Rating – :-* :-*:-*:-*
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Would I Repurchase – Might be, as I don’t have an oily skin I don’t really need this one in that aspect. But just as a face powder ya I like it a lot, again the price makes me a bit hesitating. For the time being I am very much happy with what my compact does.
Or as I have spent a lot recently I am hesitating so much, so by the time I finish this and if it has been a long time since I got any such products [hope that happens some day] then I would just blindly go for it 😉
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne