WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
MAC Texture Eyeshadow Review, Swatch
Here is my review for MAC “Texture”
It’s between dark brown and light brown in color and has gold mixed in it, making it dirty brown color in the pan. It’s not shimmery or glittery at all when you swatch it, it just becomes satiny brown color on the skin. See my swatch for more idea. On the web site it says Peachy-brown with shimmer (it is from the family of Velvet Eye shadows) but I did not find it too shimmery, it was just perfect shine. It has just the touch of peach but more brown tones in it. Overall, I would say it’s a great color since it is so versatile to use!
Browns are always nice to have in collection, but one has to be careful, it doesn’t make the eyes look tired. So, best is to go with some kind of shine or shimmer in it. And highlight the brow area well to bring browns into the picture.
I have four browns and I love them all! I have MAC Twinks, Espresso, Brown Script and Texture and even something similar to MAC Soft Brown in my WetnWild eye shadows. Well each is great on its own and I find many uses for them.
Let’s come back to Texture!
In the photo of my eye, I have applied MAC Texture as all-over eyelid and MAC Twinks in the outer corner and blended them. Black eyeliner and Mascara completes the eye makeup!
Other ways I can think of is pairing this with MAC Wookwinked, MAC Amberlights even MAC Cranberry or MAC Sumptuous Olive.
I got this in a refill pan and cost me $11 for 1.5g and then some tax.
Pros of Texture
1) It’s MAC and totally lives up to the standard.
2) It’s has slight shine, which is very subtle and likeable.
3) It applies smoothly and stays on longer – with primer it gave me about 8 hours of wear!
4) It is versatile color and can be used all-over eyelid or in the crease.
Cons of texture
1) May not suit darker skin tones.I think it might not show on them that well.
2) It’s a great color to have in hand, but I don’t think it’s a must-have unless you want a collection of browns. But still I love it.I will recommend it as a must-have for fairer skins.
Basically since brown is a neutral color, it can work with any other shades if blended well! This also might be used to contour on cheeks since it’s such a beautiful bronzy-peachy-brown color, but I haven’t tried that yet.
Thanks for reading the review! I hope it will encourage you to try some browns and experiment with them!