Hi IMBB beauties! Today I’m reviewing one of my earliest purchases from Maybelline- nail paint in shade ‘Dusty Rose’. The shade is a deep brick shade with a pink undertone- gives a glossy finish and does not contain any shimmer/glitter particles. When I purchased this shade more than a year ago, I was quite ignorant about makeup but I did use nail paints regularly though I stuck to ‘safe’ shades and hardly experimented. The shade fell in the ‘safe’ universally flattering category and thus I picked it up.
Price: Rs 75
Quantity: 8 ml
What I like about Maybelline colorama Dusty Rose-
1. The shade is very flattering and would suit all skin tones.
2. Gives opaque color in single coat.
3. Does not chip for 4-5 days easily when used even without top coat.
4. Good quality brush- easy application.
5. Gives nice glossy finish to nails that doesn’t fade.
6. One of those shades that makes the hands appear fairer 😛
What I don’t like about Maybelline colorama Dusty Rose-
1. The color applies a little streaky- need to apply it ‘thickly’ to get uniform coat. However, that’s not a big CON.
2. The color of the nail paint seems to have darkened over time. I don’t know if nail paints oxidize or something but I’m pretty sure the shade was not this dark when I’d purchased it.
3. The consistency is a little too runny- need to be a little careful while applying as the brush picks up a lot of product.
4. The shade name ‘Dusty Rose’ doesn’t really go with the actual shade of the nail paint.
Overall verdict: It is one of the better nail paints from Maybelline when it comes to consistency and texture. The shade is a beautiful deep brick shade that’ll flatter all skin tones. The application is a little streaky and the nail paint a little too runny but that’s not a big problem. Two coats applied without top coat retain the semi-glossy opaque finish and don’t chip for 4-5 days easily and even longer.
Will I repurchase: Not such a big fan of the shade ..so NO.
An Open Letter to Maybelline India
Brown Smoky Eye Tutorial- Maybelline Chai Latte Quad
Maybelline Expert Wear Blush Review – Berry Sorbet
Maybelline Waterproof Volum’ Express Cat Eyes Mascara
Colorbar Hard As Nails and Maybelline Colorama Nailpaints Overview
NYX Powder Blush Dusty Rose Review, Swatch