Shopping for lippies in winter can be so much fun. I love to buy vibrant colors for the winters as they add the much needed pop of color in the otherwise monotonous, cold wintry days. That being said, let me reveal the beautiful plum shade that I picked from the new Maybelline Colorshow range. It’s a fantastic plum color. No wonder it’s aptly named plum-tastic.
Rs. 299 for 3.9 gm.
I haven’t been able to find anything on their US or Indian website. The only description I found was on their Indonesian website where they have mentioned: Enhance the look with lipstick COLORSHOW! Why you’ll love it:
- 15 favorite color choices.
- The texture is soft and moisturizing.
- The color lasting up to 6 hours.
My Experience with Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – 402 Plum-Tastic:
The lip color comes in a rectangular black-coloured plastic package. It has a transparent colored strip in the center which indicates the color family that the shade belongs to. The lipstick has a mild “coconutty” smell which I think most of the Maybelline lipsticks have, but the scent dies down in a few minutes.
The shade even though carries the name plum is more like a magenta color. It appears very bright in the case. But since the pigmentation is medium, it kind of tones down when applied to the lips. It is extremely moisturizing and creamy and glides on the lips like butter. It does not bleed at all. Neither does it settle into fine lines. In fact it smoothens the lips to a certain extent. This shade contains fine silvery shimmer, but it does give the lipstick a frosty look.
The finish is quite glossy and stays so for about 3 hours, after which, it leaves behind a very pretty pink-colored stain which stays on for another couple of hours.
What I Like about Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – 402 Plum-Tastic:
- Very creamy and moisturizing, but does not melt or break.
- This shade is like a pop of colour for winters.
- It does not bleed, neither does it settle into fine lines.
- Will be suitable for those with dry lips too.
- The pigmentation is just enough to give a pretty color.
- Staying power of the lipstick is great, which is about 5-6 hours.
- Contains shimmer but does not give a frosty look.
Cons of Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – 402 Plum-Tastic:
- The shimmer is a little coarse.
- After that, the colour wears off and the shimmer stays behind.
- Not widely available yet.
I love the lipstick and I am surely going to have this shade in my stash for a long time to come.
Maybelline ColorShow Lipstick in Orange Icon
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick 109 Violet Fusion
Maybelline ColorShow Lipstick – Burgundy Blend
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – Forever Mauve
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – 309 Caramel Custard
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – Cherry Crush
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in 405 Violet Delight
Best Plum Lipsticks Available in India
L’Oreal Color Riche Lipstick Plum Passion
Jordana Lipstick 072 Plum Wine
Maybelline Colorsensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick – Splendor Plum