Maybelline EYESTUDIO Vivid & Smooth Eye liner- Review & swatches
I am a complete eye makeup sucker. I love to wear colored eyepencils, bold colored eye shadows etc. I have been wearing kajal from my school days. Without kajal I look like a chronic insomniac:-p. I love to define my eyes anyway.
One day I went to a shop to buy a brown colored eye pencil. At the end of the day I get back home with a green eye pencil from Maybelline called “ Maybelline Eyestudio vivid & smooth eye liner”. I applied it and fell in love with it. Then again I went to that shop again and get back home with a purple eyeliner of the same kind. I am using both of them for a while now and completely loving them:).
Maybelline Eyestudio Vivid & Smooth Eye liner
About Maybelline eyestudio vivid & smooth liners are smudge-proof, water-proof pencils. They glide on smoothly without tugging your eyes. They are nicely pigmented, gives you enough color in a single swipe. I wear them on my upper and lower lash lines. I have applied on my waterline too, but did not cause me any irritation. I don’t have glasses or lenses, so I can not say whether it would cause irritation to people who wear glasses. It is long-stay. I have two colors- a forest green and a purple. They are neither matte nor too shimmery, so you can wear them during daytime also. Though I am not to compare here, but I think the purple color is better than the “plush purple” shade of Lakme glide-on eye pencil. Below are some swatches-
Price: Rs. 200. I got it for Rs. 190.
Shelf life: Maybelline eyestudio pencil says “use before 10/12”. Manufacturing date was not mentioned though. I bought it in October, 2010. So I assume the shelf life is about 2 years.
Pros of Maybelline Vivid and Smooth Eye Liner
- Glides on smoothly.
- Nicely pigmented.
- Water-proof, smudge-proof.
- Staying power is quite good. It stays on both my lash lines for 5-6 hours, and then it starts to fade. And my lids are oily.
- Affordable. This is cheaper than Lakme, Colorbar or Revlon eyepencils. I have a reservation price for every product I buy and for an eye liner my reservation price is max rs. 250.
- Maybelline is a trusted brand.
- Various color options.
- The bottom ends of the pencils show their respective shades and they are absolutely similar to the actual color. So it’s easy to choose.
- Does not irritate your eyes.
- I do not have a makeup remover, but it come off easily with coconut oil.
- Each and every cosmetics shop has a Maybelline counter, so no problem of non availability.
Cons of Maybelline Eyestudio Vivid and Smooth Eye Liner
- I think most of the people do not know about this product. The Maybelline website does not show this product. I wonder why. I did not even know this product existed before I went to the Maybelline counter of that shop where I bought it from.
- No shade catalogue exists. Hence there is no name for a particular shade. You have to ask the SAs to show you all the pencils so that you can decide.
- No ingredient lists.
- No manufacturing date.
- They don’t even mention the product weight.
- Has a funny smell, but can be ignored if you don’t have a too sensitive nose:-p.
- It is not mentioned whether they are opthalmologically tested or not.
And now how they look on my eyes.
Note: I applied them without any primer or base.
They would look very nice if you apply them with eye shadows. I pair the green pencil with bronze, wine or green colored eye shadows and the purple one with plum colored shadow.
Little tip: Before applying the e/p, draw a thin line with black liner on your upper lash line, then apply the e/p. it would add more depth to your eyes:). And don’t forget to apply kajal on your waterline( actually I never forget that part:-p).
Will I repurchase it: Definitely yes! But I would like to try some other brands also.
My rating: :-* :-* :-* :-* Well I am absolutely satisfied with these Maybelline pencils. I am deducting point because of no ingredients list and no shade catalogue.
Have you used Maybelline Eyestudio Vivid and Smooth liner? Please rate in the box below.
- Maybelline Makeup Remover Eye, Lip Review, Experiment
- Lakme Peacock Eye Quartet, Maybelline Time for Wine Review
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Black) Review, Photos, Swatches