Hello beautiful ladies,
I love shopping on Saturdays! I did some budget shopping of some new products and also along with it, I did splurge on few things. 🙂 The best one from the lot is ‘Eye Studio Big Eyes Light Catching Palette’. I have fallen in love with the product and here is the review for you.
€ 13.49 for 10gm
DISCOVER THE POWER OF LIGHT FOR BIGGER, BRIGHTER EYES
with light-catching technology shades
• Formula infused with micro-fine pearls to diffuse natural light around the eye
• our first shadow with a light-catching primer to conceal and highlight the eye
• Get instantly bigger, brighter and more beautiful looking eyes with a luminous glow
• Three coordinating shades plus a primer with a step by step application guide
How to Apply:
1. Apply light-catching primer in a C shape around the eye, starting beneath the brow and down above the cheekbone
2. Sweep base shade on lid
3. Apply the highlight shade on the inner corner of the eye
4. Contour around the crease then blend
My Experience with Maybelline Luminous Brown Eye Studio Big Eyes Light Catching Palette:
Maybelline has some of the best products and I have developed a fetish for eye makeup recently. I started with a budget eye palette which I will be reviewing soon. I did not want to indulge in costlier ones initially and make a disaster. Thus, once I mastered the eye makeup, my splurge started and the first is this product. This palette is a 4 colored palette that can be used to highlight your eyes, making them look bigger and brighter.
The instructions are available at the back and are easy to understand. The different luminous variants available are: Luminous Brown, Luminous Turquoise, Luminous Blue, Luminous Purple, and Luminous Grass. I am not a kind of a person who sports bright colors and so I wanted to keep it light and nude for daily use, and the brown palette caught my attention.
I personally do not like the packaging; I feel it is delicate. When I tried to open it for the first time, it did swipe away a lot of product. So it must be handled delicately. The applicator is small, but handy and good. However I have used it only once and I prefer brushes than the sponge. I wish it had a mirror while I am on-the-go and need a quick fix. This is what I miss! Also I don’t like the abstract design as I feel that the brown shade is lesser compared to orange. So, overall, the packaging is a duh!
The texture is soft, powdery and has a very smooth finish. The shadows are shimmery to add brightness to the eye. The colors do not have any name and I named according to my choice.
1. Ivory white: The center ivory white is common in all the variants and is a highlighter. It can be used as a base and it does a good job in bringing the color out.
2. Tangy Orangey: The orange is my favorite, and I am a sucker for orangey shades and it was the main reason I picked it up. Even though I try applying the product as mentioned, I love only the orangey shade on my lids or near the inner corners and it instantly brightens up my face.
3. Light Rose Pink: I expected it would give me a pinkish finish, but unfortunately, it has a very slight pink undertone. Thus when I apply it, it doesn’t look pink and I do not wear it alone.
4. Chocolate Brown: This is used for contouring. It can be used as a single shade. For my wheatish skin tone, the brown adds shine and does not make any great difference to the eye.
When all the 4 shades are used together with the contouring brown and highlighting white, it does a pretty good job. The product, while being applied, does fall out and I do not like this at all! But they blend out very good. For a party with a lot of light, it does create some effect. The pigmentation is good, but when it comes to staying power, it stays around 6 hours which is good owing to the fact that my lids are oily. So I am sure it goes for approximately 8-10 hours if applied correctly with a primer and if the lids are not oily.
So summing up:
Pros of Maybelline Luminous Brown Eye Studio Big Eyes Light Catching Palette:
• The product is soft and silky, and easy to apply with a brush, sponge or by hand
• Makes the eye look brighter
• Good pigmentation
• Long staying power
• The colors are selected perfectly to complement each other when applied together
• The ivory white shade can be used as a highlighter and as a base both
Cons of Maybelline Luminous Brown Eye Studio Big Eyes Light Catching Palette:
• The packaging is delicate, and the abstract design makes the quantities of all the shade vary
• For the price, I wish they had provided a mirror
• The shadows fall out during application
• The palette suits fair skin tones the best; for wheatish to darker skin tones the product is okayish
Would I Repurchase Maybelline Luminous Brown Eye Studio Big Eyes Light Catching Palette?
I like the look when the 4 colors are combined, but I like to explore my options and go for a multi colored palette. So maybe a no!
Maybelline Fashion Brow Duo Shaper Brown
Maybelline 115 Bling Pink Color Show Lipstick
Maybelline Glistening Sun Dream Bouncy Bronzer
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
Maybelline Face Studio Master Sculpt Contouring Palette 02 Medium-Dark
Chambor Luminous Compact Powder, Loose Powder, Concealer
Lancome Ombre Absolue Palette Intemporel Smoky
L’Oreal Paris Rouge Caresse Lipstick – Sweet Berry
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Face Sculpt and Highlight
Beauty Tricks to Look as Flawless as Models!