WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Claims : Modern lipstick so shamelessly seductive in touch and texture the sensation is audacious. Unadulterated luxury glides on like satin across skin with single-stroke coverage. A spectrum of 40 shades for unstoppable impact.
- One-stroke, full-coverage creamy wear
- Luxurious texture and enriched with ingredients to smooth and nourish lips
Price :USD 32 / Rs 2000 approx
Available in 40 shades
Tips : Apply Audacious Lipstick directly to the center of the mouth blending outward for full, creamy coverage of high impact color. For a more controlled application, apply using the Precision Lip Brush #30. Finish with a hint of Lip Gloss on the center of the lips to add dimension and create the illusion of fuller lips. –Sada Ito, International Makeup Stylist
Mix and layer Audacious Lipstick shades with each other or with other Lip products to add dimension and texture to a bold lip look. –Jenny Smith, Lead Makeup Stylist
Janet : Deep Magenta
Vera : Bright Raspberry
My Experience with NARS Audacious Lipstick in vera and Janet
I was dying to try out the NARS Audacious lipstick range. They really took the market by storm.
Today I am reviewing two beautiful and rather similar colors from the range.
Vera : A beautiful deep berry toned red.
Janet : A deep magenta red.
- These are suuuper pigmented lipsticks. One stroke and you get an opaque finish on your lips.
- Id’ call these a satin finish lipsticks. But after a few hours these look pretty matte though.
- The audacious lipsticks apply easily without any tugging.
- Both the colors are gorgeous and super flattering for all skin tones. However between the two I found Janet to be more unique from the range. Not saying Vera is any less stunning on its own.
- The staying power is just incredible. These stay around 6 hours on my lips and still there is a stain on my lips until I really wipe off the lipsticks with a makeup remover.
- These make lips look good and do not accentuate the fine lines of the lips. However I would still say that you exfoliate your lips before using these.
- They don’t smudge or smear. I always feel the color is tattooed on my lips for all day long. 😀
- I found the pigment of Vera to be more long lasting than Janet. However whenever I have to touch up the lipstick, I don’t have to bother about removing the left over lipstick from my lips. As I said the color feels tattooed on the lips so you can easily build up the color after a few hours without worrying about it caking up.
- I did not find these lipsticks hydrating but these are not drying either. Super comfortable wear. However, after a few hours you might find your lips to be a bit drying. You may apply a lip balm or reapply your lipstick.
- There is no smell or taste to these lipstick.
- These transfer but not too much after they have settled down for an hour or so.
- The packaging is gorgeous black matte casing. The bottom is magnetic so the cap closes with a satisfactory click. You can play sticking a few NARS Audacious lipsticks to form the engraved ‘NARS’. 😀
- A ton of shades to choose from for all skin tones.
So I’d do a quick comparison between a few lipsticks. Are these better than the Gucci Lipsticks? I’d say these are. But Gucci lipsticks are more moisturising and hydrating. Are these better than the Tom Ford Lipsticks? I’d say they have a tough competition.
Higgghly recommended. 🙂
Rating : 5/5
Swatches: left Janet, right Vera
NARS Sheer Lipstick – Damage Review
NARS Roman Holiday, Dolce Vita Sheer Lipstick
NARS Lipstick in Red Lizard
NARS Lipstick Tolede
NARS Funny Face Lipstick
NARS Semi Matte Lipstick – Heat Wave
NARS Sheer Matte Foundation
Revlon Colorburst Matte Lip Balm – Audacious Review
Are Gucci Bitter Grape, Rose Dragee Audacious Lipstick The Best in Luxury Segment?