WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Nivea Whitening Inner Cell Repair Cream
I’m not one for face creams really, because I have stupid skin which breaks out no matter what product I use. So I just stick to Lacto Calamine. That is, until a prettily packaged product catches my eye and I have to go and mess up things for myself. I picked up this cream some months back when pregnancy blues made me feel a need for some self-pampering. Sadly, I wasn’t too impressed with the product.
Nivea Whitening Inner Cell Repair Cream
Cute light pink coloured tub .
Quantity 100 ml which I got for Rs. 185/-
The tub packaging means you have to dig out the product with fingers, which is not hygienic.
It is a bit bulky to fit in a petite purse, but it can travel without spillage in a roomy handbag. The lid screws on tightly.
Let’s see what’s written on the tub:
– Strengthens skin from within for fair and beautiful skin
– Advanced UV Protection
– Body & Face
– All Skin Types
– Berry Extracts & Licorice Extracts
At first glance, I was disappointed to see that in my hurried purchase, I had overlooked the absence of an ingredients list. Then I noticed a sign in the sticker at the bottom of the tub – ‘Open here’. See picture below:
Ingredients and Manufacturing Details
My experience with Nivea Whitening Inner Cell Repair Cream:
The colour of the cream is white, and the consistency is on the heavier side. My skin is oily, and my face looked shiny and felt slick after application of a small amount. Considering the ‘Face and Body’ claim, I tried it on my arms and hands. I regretted this within minutes, because the skin surface, especially on my hands remained slippery even after the cream was absorbed.
I’m sure you can see the greasy shine on the skin!
Feeling very irritated with the cream, I finally slathered some of it on my feet, but it was still rather slippery. I put on socks and slept. Woke up next morning to find a zit on my face and no exciting changes in my feet. So much for ‘inner cell repair’!
Even though I didn’t love it, I have been using the product on and off after epilating my arms and legs or when I can’t find anything else after a foot scrub. It will last a comfortably long time, probably two months for a very regular user, longer for somebody like me with infrequent use.
Pros of Nivea Whitening Inner Cell Repair Cream:
1. People with very dry skin may like the product, but this is a guess. I have no idea what it is like to have dry skin!
2. Nice fragrance – sort of like the original nivea in the blue tin. Nostalgic childhood smells.
3. Alright for use as a body cream. Perhaps more suitable for the winter months when arms and legs tend to become really dry.
4. Pricing is okay for the quantity.
5. Easily available at your nearest beauty store or supermarket.
Cons of Nivea Whitening Inner Cell Repair Cream:
1. Too heavy and greasy for a face cream. Not for oily-combination skin. Produces pimples.
2. Does NOT live up to any of its claims of ‘whitening’ or ‘inner cell repair’. I did not witness any lightening of my complexion or any improvement in the overall appearance of my skin.
3. It claims ‘advanced UV protection’, but nowhere on the product is there any SPF content mentioned. I’m not sure what exactly the product means by ‘UV protection’.
4. For those who like to check the ingredients list before purchasing, this is not possible. You obviously won’t ask the SA if you may please rip off the sticker at the bottom before buying.
5. Tub packaging is not very hygienic.
6. A little bulky to carry around in the purse.
Nivea Whitening Inner Cell Repair Cream is a waste of money because it does not delivers what it promises. There are much better creams out there.
Will I repurchase? Never!
Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate Tinted Lip Balm
Nivea Smooth Body Milk
Lotus Herbals WHITEGLOW Oatmeal & Yogurt Skin Whitening Scrub
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
St Ives Apricot Whitening Scrub
Nivea Lip Care Repair & Protection Lip Balm