Hope you all are great today!Have any of you faced the similar issue of dull lifeless skin in the morning after having a bad night’s sleep? I suffer from this problem very often these days owing to my progressing pregnancy. I very often cannot sleep well at night and as a result, my skin suffers too much! My face looks tired many a times in the morning! Recently my husband noticed it and told me that I look so tired early in the morning. So I decided to look out for ways to revive my tired looking skin in the morning.
If you want to have a radiant rosy skin in the morning, you don’t necessarily need to spend money on lucrative skin treatments or expensive skincare products. There are simple ways that you can follow at home using inexpensive stuff to revive your dull skin in the morning.
Below are a few tips and tricks for the same:
• The easiest and quickest way to instantly awaken your dull skin in the morning is to splash cold water on your face. Alternatively you can take an ice cube wrapped in a soft muslin or cotton cloth piece and gently rub it on your face. Cold water or ice stimulates blood circulation and freshen up the skin. It also helps in tightening open skin pores resulting in smooth skin.
• You can store your face moisturizer or eye cream in a refrigerator at night and apply it in the morning for the same effect. I chill my Aloe Vera gel and use it in the morning for added freshness.
• Exfoliation should be added to your skincare regime to get rid of those dead cells and rejuvenate your skin. Scrub your skin twice a week to remove dull, rough skin texture and reveal younger, brighter looking skin that is supple and silky smooth to the touch.
• I would suggest using a scrub containing natural ingredients like milk, papaya, lemons etc. I’ll provide an easy DIY scrub for your morning use in the next part of this article.
• Using a face mask containing mint provides instant freshness to the skin. Mint has a soothing and cooling effect that energizes and gives life to your skin in a matter of minutes. Ill provide recipes for few face masks using mint at the end of this post.
• If none of the above works for you, then just hide the tiredness with a dash of light makeup! Use a tinted moisturizer instead of a heavy foundation in summers and dab it with the help of some pressed powder. You can make use of some oil free concealer to hide those tired eyes.
Below are few easy DIY recipes for an instant morning glow:
• Take a pinch of sea salt and add a few drops of olive or coconut oil to it and few shavings of ginger to it. Mix it and use it as a scrub in the morning. Ginger stimulates blood circulation and boosts lifeless tired skin.
Morning Mint Masks:
• For Dry Skin: Take 3 spoons of cucumber pulp and keep it in a microwave safe bowl. Take 2 spoons of finely chopped mint leaves and add it to the bowl. Add a little water and mix well. Keep this mixture in the microwave for 2 minutes and then let it cool down completely before applying to your face. Let it dry for some time and wash it off with cold water.
• For Oily Skin: Take 2 spoons of fuller’s earth or any clay powder if available at home. Add 2 spoons of finely chopped mint leaves and a few drops of rosewater to make a paste. Apply it on face and neck for 10 minutes and then gently massage using wet hands. Wash it off with cold water and get an instant cooling glow.
• Cocoa Mask: Mix half a spoon cocoa powder with half a spoon honey, 1 spoon powdered oats and 2 spoons of milk. You can replace milk with soy milk or coconut milk. Gently massage this on your face and wash it off with cool water after the mask dries off completely. The antioxidants in cocoa cleanse the skin, leaving it fresh and alive.
I hope this article will help you to get rid of that dull tired looking skin early in the morning.
How to Take Care of your Skin in late Twenties
Office Makeup for Monday Morning Blues
Clean and Clear Morning Energy Face Wash: Energising Lemon
22 Best Skin Care and Makeup Solutions for Oily Skin
10 Things Healthy People Do Every Morning
Walnut Scrub Mask for Dull Skin: Do-it-Yourself
Tomato Facial For Dull and Oily Skin with Pictures
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf