WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I’m back after a long gap with another review. So I was really happy with my Neutrogena hand cream but then slowly summer stepped in. I have started sketching and drawing (back to my long forgotten hobbies), but then the hand cream would spread all over my drawing sheet and make it look dirty. My hands attracted grim and dirt it started becoming sticky and icky and yucky, though it’s still good for winters. I was looking for a nice summer hand cream I just can’t live without one, though I forget to apply it. I had heard great reviews about Oriflame and have had great experiences (long back though) with Oriflame, so decided to order their hand cream, the coconut and rice milk hand cream. The day I got my stuff was when I met Rupa, Noopur and Pooja for the first time at the Oriflame office.
(Wont share the picture, looked disgusting that day yuck!!)
Price: Rs.169 for 75ml
Offer price in March Rs.139 but got it for Rs.111
Packaging: White tube with a picture of coconut and rice, a white cap and brown lettering.
Product: the consistency of the product is in between the consistency of cream and lotion.
Fragrance: Smells like coconut burfii, isn’t that strong once applied.
Ingredients: Agua, glycerin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate se, stearyl alcohol, praffinum liquidum, cetearyl ethyl-hexanoate, polysorbate 20, parfum, setearth-20, imidazolidinyl urea, ethylhexyl methoxy-cinnamate, methylparaben, stearic acid, carbomer, propylparaben, cocos nucifera, commiphora myrrha, propylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, sodium hydroxide, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, isopropyl myristate, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, pentylene glycol, sine adipe lac, trideceth-9, coumarin, oryza sativa bran extract, benzyle benzoate, phenoxyethanol, sodium benzoate, sorbic acid
My Personal Experience: I guess it’s something to do with me being a South Indian that I get attracted to anything related to rice, coconut, banana, river, beaches and guess that is the very reason I was so attracted to this cream and guess what I wasn’t disappointed. I was genetically endowed upon by my ancestors with dry hands, hard skin around nails and annoyingly dry cuticles and to top it up I keep washing my hands with soap very often. The first 2-3 days I was constantly looking for any change in the condition of my hands, but after that I just forgot. About 2 weeks after I had initially started applying this cream, I met my fiancé (I know I mention him in almost all of my post, I so love him what to do). He rarely notices any change, he did not even notice my new hairstyle urghh!! Anyway, but then almost at the end of the day he asked me “are you going for some special hand treatment for your hands?’’ I asked him “why?” … he said “the skin on your hands look firmer and brighter than before, and smell yummy….” I was so happy that my hands look better (not coz they smell yummy… hmm actually that too)…
PROs of Oriflame Nature Hand and Nail Cream
• The consistency of just a little thicker than lotion is great according to me because of which little goes a long way and spreads easily.
• It gets quickly absorbed and thus you do not have to wait before touching anything and no need to wipe it off and It isn’t sticky thus it does not attract dust and dirt from whatever I touch.
• The price is quite low for a 75 ml bottle which would last about a month with continuous usage.
• It smells yummy, do not smell the product directly because then you would get a consetrated dose of the smell which might be too strong for some, once applied on the hands it it a mild nutty smell.
• If you look at the ingredient list you won’t see coconut or rice mentioned, it’s actually their scientific name that’s been mentioned, so that means coconut and rice milk is present. (in bold)
• And last but not the least Oriflame products are not tested on animals and the packaging recyclable.
CONs of Oriflame Nature Hand and Nail cream
• It has Parabens, an ingredient dreaded by some (not me)
• It might not be suitable for EXTREMELY dry hands.
Overall Rating: :star: :star: :star: :star: and ½