I have never used an epilator before. I used to do waxing for hair removal. I always get bumps and redness on my skin just after waxing which lasted for two days post waxing. Also, I used to get a lot of ingrown hairs even after scrubbing my skin twice or thrice a week. I was looking for a better option for hair removal and came across epilators. So, I decided to get my hands on one.
Price: INR 3745/-
• Corded Operation
• Large Epilation head for Arms and Legs
• Bikini Comb and Shaver head
• Wide Disk
• Compact and Lightweight
My Experience with Panasonic ES-WU41 3-in-1 Epilator:
I bought this Panasonic epilator a month ago and I am very happy with the results. The price for this epilator is INR 4,545 but I got a discount and I had to pay INR 3745. Trust me, this is worth the price. It comes with a disc width of 24mm as compared to 18mm width for other epilators. So it can remove hair as short as 0.5mm. The epilator comes in a cute girly pink colour packaging. Inside the package, the product is kept. This comes with a 2-year warranty and an instruction manual. The epilator is compact and handy.
The pouch provided with the product accommodates all the parts easily which makes it travel- friendly. The pivoting disc adapts well to the body contour without damaging the skin. Also, the pivoting disc’s width is extra so fewer gaps occur between the tips and the skin and even short hair (0.5 mm) can be gripped easily. A small brush comes with the product to clean the trapped hair between the epilator tweezers. This brush is efficient enough to clean the epilator head.
This is not a battery operated device so you will have to connect it to the adaptor for use. Epilator does make noise while pivoting. It is quite okay because I am used to it now. If you press the epilator a little on the skin the pain will be less and also shorter hair will be removed easily. It works only on a single speed setting. So you cannot adjust the speed while using the epilator. It makes my skin smooth and silky and epilation lasts for two weeks for me, after which the hair starts to grow back again. The texture of hair grown after using this product is smooth and thin which can be compared to hair growth after waxing.
• Large epilation head: For removing hair from wide areas such as arms and legs.
• Small epilation head: For sensitive areas such as underarms and bikini lines.
• Shaver head with bikini comb: Shaving head is for a smooth shave for bikini lines and underarms. Bikini comb is used for cutting longer hairs before epilation or for trimming the bikini area.
• Small brush: To clean the hair from the epilator head.
• Pink coloured caps: To cover the epilator heads.
It comes with an adaptor and a pouch for keeping the product. This is not a battery operated device so you will have to connect it with the adaptor and then use it.
How to Use:
• Before using the product, please make sure that you wash your skin thoroughly in order to remove sweat and dirt. Pat the skin dry afterwards. Please do not use this epilator on wet skin as this product is meant to be used only on dry skin.
• I used it on my legs first. The pain was less compared to waxing. The hair was removed from the roots. Also I did not get bumps or redness on my skin after using the product. Ingrown hair problem has also reduced with time.
• I also used the smaller epilator head on my sensitive areas and it was equally effective. The epilator head is small so it removed lesser hair per unit area as compared to the large head, but that’s completely fine because pain was less.
• You will have to make sure that you use it against the direction of hair growth otherwise the hair will not be pulled out from the roots. Make your skin taut on the area to be epilated. This will ensure firmer grip and pain will be less.
Pros of Panasonic ES-WU41 3-in-1 Epilator:
• Removes short hair effectively
• Comes with a handy pouch for keeping the product
• Easy to use and travel-friendly
• No need to grow hair longer as required for waxing
• Special epilator head for sensitive areas
• Shaver head for removing hair shorter than 0.5 mm and also for sensitive areas
• A small brush to clean the epilator head
Cons of Panasonic ES-WU41 3-in-1 Epilator:
• It is not battery operated so you can use it only near a socket
• It cannot be used on wet skin
• Takes more time compared to waxing
• Expensive but it is worth the price
• Speed adjustment is not there
• Creates noise
IMBB Rating: 4.5/5
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Panasonic ES-WU41 3-in-1 Epilator?
Yes, I would like to repurchase and recommend it.
Overall: I prefer to use this epilator over waxing because of the ease of use. I will highly recommend this product to all the ladies who are looking for an easy and convenient option for hair removal.
Top 5 Epilators Available in India
Panasonic Wet/Dry Shaver w/ Pop-Up Trimmer ES2207P
Panasonic EH-ND11 Hair Dryer
Panasonic Compact 2 in 1 Multi-Styling Straightener
Waxing vs Epilators – What Do You Prefer for Hair Removal?
Braun Face 810 – Mini Epilator and Cleansing Brush
How to Exfoliate Your Skin After Using Epilators
Philips Lady Shave HP6431