Today for my first and foremost post I want to thank Rati for making me a part of IMBB family, and Deeptima for helping me. I am going to review a very important and talked about product today:
Proactiv Acne Solution by Rodan and Fields
Sometime in the November 2007 I started using Proactiv Solution. I had just landed in florida and that was one of the first commercials I saw on tv! I was suffering from acne like all of us from my teens (errr 13 it started) hence I wanted to try everything anything that would make my zits, bumps, scars, redness, pain, oil, shine, etc. all go away (YES ALL THAT AND MORE). I ordered the trial kit which is for 60 days and, believe me, ladies when I say magic it means magic. The moment I started using this the redness was gone. On the third day of my usage I started seeing noticeable difference in my skin!
And by 2 weeks my horrible face was free of any new acne or even a tiny zit. It took about 4 weeks to what my face was flawless! yayyyyyy! I couldn’t believe what proactiv had done to my skin 😉
Katie P. Rodan, M.D. and Kathy A. Fields, M.D., both acne-sufferers themselves, wanted to do something to end the frustration and suffering brought on by acne. After 5 years of development and testing, they created the remarkable acne-treatment system, Proactiv Solution. Well, below I am listing the pros and cons for every one to have a better and clear idea about PROACTIV!
But a strongggggggggggggg advice from me is if you are suffering from any form of acne this is one must try product! MUSST!
PROS of Proactiv Acne Solution
• WORKS WORKS AND TRULY WORKS!
• Has all the 3 steps cleanser toner moisturizer; No need for doing anything separately.
• The toner is non-alcoholic.
• Decent quantity.
• If you do not like they have a full refund program going on for now.
• Works fast in 3 days. You will see the difference.
• Sturdy containers.
• Easily available in India now through online ordering or phone.
CONS of Proactiv Acne Solution
• Has Benzoyl Peroxide; some people can be allergic to it.
• Very strong composition.
• Expensive; a kit goes for Rs. 2995 as for now.
• When I stopped using it, my acne resurfaced after a while.
• I have not used it continuously for 3 years but mostly yes.
• It can make your skin really dry.
• You need an extra moisturizer or might even have to stop using it.
• Can bleach your clothes or face towel.
Overall, Proactiv Acne Solution is an amazing product IF you use it correctly; EXACTLY like the directions say to, which is sometimes a pain in the butt. My personal tips for using it are:
– Order the Green Tea Moisturizer along with the 3 steps, because the dryness can be terrible at times
– Follow the directions exactly like you’re supposed to… it’s a very nit-picky product that can be a miracle in a bottle, but only if used EXACTLY right.
Hope you guys have all the information required to go out and try this blessing for acne prone skin
(been there, felt the pain 🙁 )