What are blind pimples, you may ask? Those pesky pimples that have not showed up on the surface of the skin, but can be felt like bumps underneath the skin are called “blind pimples.” This happens when bacteria, oil, and grime clog facial pores and causes bumpy texture. These protuberances might feel a bit painful and red. It’s really hard to avoid the temptation of squeezing out blind pimples, but let us warn you, that may make matters worse and the pimple may get more inflamed and tender now. Do avoid applying toothpaste, baking soda, and other such remedies to bring the pimple to the fore because it can disturb the pH balance and irritate skin further. In this post, we list out 7 Remedies to Get Rid of Blind Pimples without irritating them.
1. Topical salicylic acid treatment: Salicylic acid is the best acne-fighting ingredient to unclog pores and reduce out bacterial growth. Many over-the-counter salicylic acid based treatments are available in the pharmacy, and it’s also easier to crush one tablet of aspirin and just a few drops of plain water to make into a paste form. With the help of a Q-tip, gently dab the paste on to the breakout and leave it overnight. The bump will be less painful and inflamed now.
2. Apply Glycolic Acid Based Treatment: Glycolic acid is a star ingredient in skincare. It’s an alpha hydroxy acid that exfoliates skin, breaks the bond between dead cells, and has a peeling effect, making skin softer and smoother too. It gets rid of dead skin cells and oil without drying out the skin. Our recommendation would be Glyco 6% ointment, The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Pixi Glow Tonic.
3. Tea Tree Application: This essential oil has anti-microbial and soothing properties and reduces acne and inflammation in a considerably less amount of time. To apply topically, mix 1 tbsp of tea tree oil in 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel. Apply on affected area and leave overnight.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar and Aloe Vera Mask: There have been various testimonies from people who have tried apple cider vinegar on their skin that it works to clear all forms of acne. Combining it with the soothing properties of aloe vera will help calm down blind pimples. To make this mask, add a few drops of apple cider vinegar in 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel. Apply this mask for 20 minutes and rinse off.
5. Ice compress every few hours: An ice compress will instantly reduce the swelling, redness, and inflammation associated with blind pimple. Wrap an ice cube in a thin washcloth and gently dab it over the pimple every few minutes.
6. Aloe vera and Honey: Aloe vera is a magical solution to treat almost all skin care woes and honey is an anti-microbial and soothing ingredient. Both these ingredients work extremely well to calm down an acne breakout, including a blind pimple. To make this mask, mix 1 tbsp of aloe vera and 1 tbsp of honey, apply all over face, leave for one hour, and rinse off. Do this everyday till the pimple subsides.
7. Green Tea Bag Compress: With loads of antioxidants, green tea bags are not only good for the body, it can calm down a bad breakout. The soothing and calming properties of green tea will gradually heal the pimple and reduce inflammation as well. To make a green tea bag compress, brew a green tea bag (pure one), drain the excess liquid from the bag, and keep in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Once the bag is cold enough, apply on the affected area, and keep it on for 15 minutes. Do this every few hours and see the inflammation come down rather quickly.