This is another pick from my Dubai trip, and again from a store very close to my relative’s place(I would just sneak out anytime of the day to do some more makeup shopping;)) Found this gorgeous color in the shelf, I already had a Maybelline and a MAC one in black and Inglot in purple so I decided on this intense brown and wow, I think I made the right choice! I do not know if they had a tester, I just thought it will be a great product and lifted it off the shelf. The moment I reached home, I opened in and swatched it on my hand and Bingo!It was a great one. Read one the net this is from the Kate Moss collection, I had not used any in the past so thi sis my first one. Let’s see how it fairs on the parameters of being a good gel liner.
It is a very cute little jar with a look very similar to most other gel eyeliner jars. The Rimmel London logo is printed at the top of the black cap. Light in weight and very travel friendly. Comes with a brush packed inside the paper package. The brush is slightly angled with the brown colored bristles thinner at the top. The bristles are very soft and ideal for application of a gel liner.
Price – 5.99$ for 2.4g
Product Claims –
• Up to 24 hours of rich, intense colour that doesn’t flake, smudge, smear or run.
• Easy to apply, glides easily.
• Professional brush for complete control to draw the lines you want.
My experience with Rimmel London Scandaleyes Brown Gel Eyeliner:
The gel looks intensely smooth in the jar and is very high on pigmentation. It has tiny gold shimmer to it which gives a subtle shine to the liner on the eyelids.I love it because I can carry it off with a neutral look for an everyday wear and build up the color for a dramatic look. I generally try to use non-black colors to highlight my eyes with black dresses(to break the monotone) and this works great for such occasions. Compared to the liners I have used before, I find it comparable to the Inglot one which is as creamy as this is although this costs much lesser than Inglot. I will recommend this everyone who is fond of applying non-black liners. Do not forget to conceal your eyes properly before using this since this would disappear into the skin for people with dark circles.
Pros of Rimmel London Scandaleyes Brown Gel Eye Liner:
1. Great texture and very high on pigmentation.
2. A little goes a very long way(which is also a con since gel liners tend to dry up sooner).
3. Very creamy and gives a velvety finish when applied as a thick liner.
4. Does not flake or feather.
5. Last really long, easily 5 hours.
6. Water resistant.
7. Packaging is great, travel-friendly.
8. Glides very easily.
9. It removes easily with oils and makeup removers.
10. It does not irritate the eyes though I would not recommend it to be used on the waterline.
Cons of Rimmel London Scandaleyes Brown Gel Eye Liner:
1. Creamy, hence gets smudged easily. Big disadvantage for oily eyelids like mine.
2. Wish the brush had a cap to it, I find it tough to maintain brushes and they catch germs easily.
IMBB Rating – 4.7/5
Will I repurchase Rimmel London Scandaleyes Brown Gel Eyeliner?
Yes I will, and maybe try out other shades in this range too.
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Black Noir Review
Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil # Purple Passion
Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil Soft White
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Show Off Mascara
Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Flex Mascara in Extreme Black
Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer 230 – Deep Ocean
The Body Shop 4-Step Smoky Eyes Palette – Silver Black
Clinique All About Eyes Eye Gel
Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara
Colorbar Precision Waterproof Eyeliner
ELF Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black