The monsoons are finally here!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyy…..the sorching heat was getting unbearable..but monsoons have their own set of problems…..Monsoons are fun only if you are at a picnic at some beach, waterpark or some waterfall or just out with friends at Mumbai’s marine drive, else monsoons are quite messy for the daily office routine and monsoons also mean we are unable to use quite some of our makeup products…a lot of things take a back seat as soon as monsoon sets in but I am glad we still have some products which we can use even during monsoons without the fear of raccoon eyes and messing up our entire face and waterproof mascara is one of them. What it claims :
- Waterproof mascara
- Upto 7x more volume
- Instantly in just one coat
- Dramatic volume with no clumps
- Patented MegaBrush + Collagen formula plump lashes one by one
Price : Rs. 260 for 10 ml. Use within 6 months of opening.
How to use :
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
- Sweep brush upwards from root to tip to plump individual lashes and achieve dramatic volume. Continue building lashes until you reach your desired look. Do not let dry between coats. Repeat for lower lash line.
Maybelline the Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara comes in a big fat yellow tube. I find the packaging very attractive and the bright yellow makes it easy to spot the tube even in a whole bunch of your makeup items. This mascara comes in 2 kinds…non-waterproof and waterproof. Cost of both is the same. When I went to purchase this, the SA suggested I buy the non-waterproof one if I am looking for casual wear. Mainly because you need a special eye makeup remover to remove the waterproof one. Removing the waterproof mascara was not an issue for me since I use olive oil to remove my mascara and I preferred the water-proof one since it is tears-proof as well and I use this at weddings where at times I tend to cry so waterproof one was the best option for me. 😀 I love Maybelline products and none of the Maybelline products which I have bought until now have let me down. That’s the reason I bought the Maybelline mascara…I was sure Maybelline wouldn’t let me down this time too and it didn’t.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
What I like about the mascara
- It really is waterproof. I havnt worn this mascara and gone out in heavy rains to but I’ve worn it to weddings where I’ve shed a tear or two and even after that this mascara has stayed in place. I have seen so many times when people who have worn non-waterproof mascara cry, you can see black tears coming down their face and it definitely does not look good. But this mascara does nothing of that sort. I’ve also splashed water on my face wearing this mascara and that did not take off the mascara or caused raccoon eyes.
- It does not clump. Though if you want to apply more than 1 coat, apply the 2nd coat before the first one dries. I normally apply 2 coats.
- Like the name says, it does add volume to the lashes. My lashes look big in a nice way.
- It really opens up my eyes. 1 swipe of the mascara and the sleepy looking eyes are gone!
- I find the bright yellow packaging very attractive
- The consistency is good to work with, not very runny neither very thick.
- The fine bristles of the wand help cover each and every lash.
- Reasonably priced. Since the life of mascara is not much, it hurts to spend a huge amount on mascaras.
What I dislike about the mascara
- It does add volume to lashes but not the 7x kinds that Maybelline claims. Not that I want that much volume but they rather deliver what they claim!
- wish the wand would be much more easier to use in the corners of the eyes while using on the lower lash. I have never poked my eyes but I cannot use this as comfortably on the lower lash line as comfortably I use this on the upper lash line.
Rating : :star: :star::star::star:
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Would I recommend this to others and re-purchase for myself : I would definitely recommend this to others. It would be a great buy for the monsoons specially. I would also recommend using olive oil to remove mascara as it tends to be less harsh on eye lashes compared to even eye makeup removers.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
- The word mascara is derived from the Italian word maschera which means mask.
- In the early 1900s, a chemist named T. L Williams made mascara by mixing coal dust and Vaseline petroleum jelly for his sister Mabel. He later formed ‘Maybelline’ which we all know is a leading cosmetics company. The word ‘Maybelline’ is a combination of Mabel + Vaseline.
- I have read somewhere that Mascaras come in 3 forms : liquid, cake and cream. I’ve never heard of or seen cake or cream mascara.. Anyone of you have come across a cake or cream mascara??
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India