Today’s post is for all green nail polish lovers. I am reviewing 3 nail polishes in varying shades of green from the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri range – Jade Jump, Mint Sprint, and I-rush Luck. Read on to find out how they fared on me.
$4.99. Prices may vary from store to store.
Nail color covers in just one coat, brilliantly. The Perfectionist Brush™ contours to any nail, so color always glides on precisely, quickly, flawlessly. And, the exclusive Flexiglass Complex combines beautiful, brilliant shine and super-strong wear. So simple, so Sally.
My Experience with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jade Jump, Mint Sprint, I-rush Luck Nail Colors:
Packaging: The Insta-Dri range comes in stylish, triangular-shaped glass bottles. This unique shape makes the bottle quite handy. The bottle is not bulky at all, but at the same time, it is quite sturdy. This range comes with a flat brush which I absolutely love. It makes the application very easy, precise and mess-free.
Consistency/Color Pay-off: I have already reviewed quite a few shades from this range and found that all of them had a slightly thick consistency, but these shades of green have a slightly runny consistency. They are still thicker than most nail polishes in the market but thin compared to some other shades from this range.
The nail polishes “Mint Sprint” and “I-rush Luck” spread easily and go smoothly on the nails, but “Jade Jump” goes slightly streaky in the first coat and you need two coats to even it out. All the colors that I am reviewing today have decent pigmentation, but two coats are needed to cover visible nail line and get an even finish.
Drying Power: These nail polishes do live up to the name “Insta-Dri” and dry in less than a minute.
Staying Power: The staying power of this range is not the greatest and the shades stay put for around 3 days or so. They start to fade around the edges by the 4th day. Now, for some detailed review of each of the colors:
1. Jade Jump: “Jade Jump” is a pastel mint green shade. I am not too much into pastels, but I still love how this shade looks on my hands. It is a delicate shade and is suitable for office or other formal occasions. The finish is glossy crème.
2. Mint Sprint: Mint Sprint is a mint green slightly leaning towards turquoise. It is a gorgeous shade which reminds me of the sun and the sea. This is totally a summer color for me. The finish is a glossy crème. This shade stains the nails pretty badly and I would strongly recommend wearing a base coat.
3. I-rush Luck: With a name like that, I-rush Luck is got to be a Shamrock green and it indeed is. It is a bright vibrant green which instantly brightens the hands. It may not be a shade which will appeal to all, but green lovers should surely try it out. The finish is glossy crème. This shade stains the nails as well and a base coat is recommended.
Pros of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jade Jump, Mint Sprint, I-rush Luck Nail Colors:
- Dries very fast.
- Beautiful shades of green.
- Glossy crème finish.
- Flat brush applicator is pretty good.
- Quite affordable.
Cons of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jade Jump, Mint Sprint, I-rush Luck Nail Colors:
- Staying power is average.
- Green nail polishes might not appeal to all.
- Mint Sprint and I-rush Luck stain the nails badly.
- Jade Jump is slightly streaky in one coat.
- Two coats are needed for an even finish.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jade Jump, Mint Sprint, I-rush Luck Nail Colors?
You can try these out only if you like shades of green. I would surely try out other colors from this range.
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Show Steel-er, Slick Slate, Grease Lightning Nail Color
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color Cherry Fast, Pumped up Pink, Expresso
Sally Hansen Chartreuse Chase Insta-Dri Nail Lacquer
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Lacquer – Violet Voom
Sally Hansen Pronto Purple Insta-Dri Nail Lacquer
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Colors
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Steely Gaze, Set in Stone, and Crystal Clear