WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi Everyone, 🙂
Sonam Kapoor literally slayed the red carpet at Cannes last night. She looked like a queen and owned every bit of that red carpet. And her makeup artist Namarta Soni literally give goals for makeup. This is probably one of the roughest looks I have created. One because it was created to such sheer perfection that it was hard to come even close. And second they have not really mentioned about the products or how they have created the look. But I couldn’t wait. I literally had a sleepless night last night because I just couldn’t wait until today to recreate the look. I mean I literally live for such insane moments. 😀 haha! I hope you like my interpretation. You know just pick up any gold shadow you have in your collection – pale gold, yellow gold, rose gold and just go for it. If you love doing makeup this would really churn your creative levels. Can I get hugs now? 😀 Good luck. :))
- Start by priming the lid with an eyeshadow primer. Using a fluffy brush apply a medium matte brown eyeshadow just above the crease. This will help with blending the eyeshadows later on.I used Buck from UD Palette.
- Now take any shimmery gold eyeshadow for the lid. I used MAC Goldmine.
- Apply the gold eyeshadow all the way through the lid area just leaving the very outer corner of the eyelid empty.
- Now take a deep shimmery brown eyeshadow on a pencil brush. I used Darkhorse from UD Palette.
- Just trace an outer V with that brush. A pencil brush would give you more control in defining the shape of the eye.
- Now pick the same dark brown eyeshadow on a fluffy brush and start blending the brown eyeshadow with the gold eyeshadow and also softening the edges.
- Use a pale shimmery color to highlight the brow bone. I used Sin from the UD Palette.
- Now the fun part. Use a dark brown eyeliner and just apply it on the inner third of the eye. You can use a brown gel eyeliner for this. I used Chanel Eyeliner in Brun. Now I am not sure if they used brown eyeliner all the way through or not but from the photos that I have seen it looked like they used it only on the inner third.
- Finish off the outer third of the liner with a gold liquid eyeliner. I used Maybelline Liquid Liner in Gold-lation.
- Use an eye kohl on waterline. I used MAC Smolder. Use the same dark brown eyeshadow you used on the upper lid on the outer 2/3rd of the lower lash line.
- For the inner corner and the inner third of the lower lash line, use the golden eyeshadow you used on the lid. Finish off with lots of mascara. I used the Chanetcaille mascara and you are done! 🙂 PS : I let some gold eyeliner let on my lashes. I mean why would you remove gold from your lashes… like why? 😀
Rest of the makeup used
- Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer
- Mixed Gucci Foundation and Dolce & Gabbana Foundation
- Soap & Glory Kickass Concealer (not impressed, will review it soon)
- Chantecaille Loose Powder
- MAC Melba Blush
- The Balm Mary Lou Manizer
- Dolce and Gabbana Bronzer
- Tom Ford Lipstick in Ravenous
Until next time!