Greetings to all IMBB beauties!!
I love coloring my hair, but I am too scared of applying harsh chemicals to my hair roots lest they cause some permanent damage; so I just color the ends of my hair and since I love red, I chose that to add ombre effect to my hair. Keep reading on to know more about this rebellious hair color from Splat 🙂
Splat Complete Kits include everything you need for both the bleaching process and the color process.
Splat’s unique formula gives hair extremely vivid, long-lasting color. It is fun and easy to use. Splat all of your hair or just add a little color, like: streaks, ombre or dip dye. The possibilities are endless…
$12.66 (varies from store to store).
My Experience with Splat Rebellious Colors Luscious Raspberries Hair Color:
This hair product comes in 15 different shades and there are so many unique shades for all of us, that is if we can dare to sport such rebellious colors.
Packaging: The box holds three different chemicals – lightening bleach, oxide (activator) and hair color. It also contains a detailed instruction manual in 6 different languages and plastic gloves to protect our hands.
- Start with freshly shampooed and dry hair. Section the area that needs to be colored – since I wanted to color only the ends, I marked the length by tying a rubber band.
- Put on the gloves provided and carefully remove the nozzle of the oxide bottle (make sure to keep it away from face and eyes through the process) and slowly add the contents of the bleach packet to it. Replace the nozzle, place finger over the nozzle opening and shake well for 1 minute. Wait for 1 minute for it to thicken.
- Apply the bleach mixture generously to the desired area. Since I have dark hair, I let it stay for 20 minutes and then reapplied for another 20 minutes to further lighten my hair.
- Once hair reaches pale blonde shade, thoroughly rinse and wash hair and dry it thoroughly before color application.
- Apply petroleum jelly on the skin in close proximity to hair color application area.
- Shake the bottle well and generously apply it on the bleached hair and leave it on for 30 minutes or more for thicker hair.
- Finally, rinse and shampoo hair thoroughly till water runs clear. Dry and style as desired.
This hair color is affordable, easily available and comes in so many shades that one can change hair color every season and sport a new revolutionary look. The hair color stays put for around 3-4 months after which it begins to fade. Personally, after a year (I first applied this hair color in December 2014), my hair was a faint sunset red shade until I retouched it recently.
Pros of Splat Rebellious Colors Luscious Raspberries Hair Color:
- This product comes in easy-to-use bottles with nozzles for dedicated application.
- Adds a brilliant red color to my dark hair.
- Easily available, not that expensive.
- Available in more than 15 revolutionary colors.
- Can be used to add color in the hair in the form of streaks or to the bangs or to the ends of the hair.
- The entire coloring process took just two hours.
- Would save you expensive trips to the salon.
Cons of Splat Rebellious Colors Luscious Raspberries Hair Color:
- Can’t think of any – it’s really good at its job!
Would I Repurchase Splat Rebellious Colors Luscious Raspberries Hair Color?
Oh yes and would love to try out a few other shades as well from this range because all these colors are so beautiful and unique, and they can add a new glamour to the whole look. I recommend it to readers who like to experiment and explore rebellious hair colors.
Estee Lauder 420 Rebellious Rose Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick
L’Oreal Professionnel INOA Hair Colour
L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Hair Color – Black
Wella Kolestint Hair Colour
Hair Color: Hair Coloring Tips
Hair Color: More on Hair Coloring