WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
St. Ives Apricot Scrub with Soothing Elder Flower
St. Ives is well known for its range of apricot scrubs. So, when my mom got this for me, I was really happy to try one of their well known apricot scrubs with soothing elder flower. Also important to me was the fact that the company believed in eco-friendly products and packaging which is a necessary initiative taken by them.
About the Company:
I checked out the website of St. Ives to know about its various products and philosophy. Here is what they have to say about their products:
St. Ives believes that nature has the power to soothe, heal, awaken and energize. Above all, we respect the natural world as a vibrant source of energy and life and are just as commited to bringing you its power as we are to preserving its vitality.
The company believes in
1. Power from Nature
2. Eco friendly packaging
3. Environmentally sustainable vendors
4. No animal testing
5. Nothing artificial. Only natural products
6. Tries in recycling and reducing waste
About the Product
Quantity: 7.5 oz or 212 g
What product promises to do: As your skin undergoes its own processes of natural renewal, dead cells and other impurities accumulate and hide your skin’s freshest layer. Swiss formula Apricot scrub quickly unclogs pores, removes blackheads and complexion dulling dead cells. Our natural fiber cleansing complex in a smooth elder flower lotion base is gentle enough to use every day.
Directions for use:
1. Moisten face and throat
2. Apply with wet fingertips and massage gently
3. Rinse well and pat dry
4. Exceptionally clean, healthy skin is visible immediately.
5. Try it in the shower too.
Ingredients: For the list of ingredients, see the image below
My take on the product:
Usefulness of Apricot for the skin: APRICOTS are known to contain one of the highest levels of carotenoids (think vitamin A) and super-effective antioxidants. All of this natural power might seem, well, too powerful, but they are actually quite gentle and nourishing and they help make fresher, more nourished skin beautifully possible.
Usefulness of Walnut for the skin: WALNUT is known for its hard shell, but when it’s ground, it becomes an amazingly effective, all-natural exfoliant ingredient in our scrubs. Not only are walnuts plentiful on the planet, they also help newer, healthier skin comes to the surface.
Usefulness of Elder flower for the skin: Elder flower is a bitter, pungent, cooling herb. The flowers and fruits are used to lower fever, reduce inflammation, soothe irritation and have a diuretic and anti-mucus effect, while the leaves are insecticidal. The flowers have diuretic, laxative, anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties, while the fruits again have antioxidant properties. (http://www.ageless.co.za/herb-elder-flower.htm#Properties)
With the presence of these fruits and herbs in the scrub, the prospect of it working on the skin is a lot. And it does work. Here are the pros and cons of the Apricot Scrub from St. Ives
Pros of St. Ives Apricot Scrub with Soothing Elder Flower
• It contains Apricot, elderflower and walnut whose benefits are well known
• It is a company that promotes environmental sustainability
• The scrub works well on the skin. It cleans superbly without making the skin excessively dry.
• The granules are visible which works on the skin
• Regular use lessens blackheads
Cons of St. Ives Apricot Scrub with Soothing Elder Flower
• The smell is not that enticing. Perhaps they refrained from adding artificial fragrance.
• It does not work that well on the pores
• Though it cleans really well and removes dead cells properly, it does not miraculously give us instant glowing skin as claimed
• Availability can be a constraint for people living in India
My Rating of the Product: 3.75/5
Will I buy it again: If I do get it, I would buy it. I would also like to try the other scrubs in this apricot range from St. Ives that are available.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Fighting
St Ives Apricot Whitening Scrub
St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub
St Ives Collagen Elastin Advanced Body Moisturiser
St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub