WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Fighting
I have oily acne prone skin and I’ve always been skeptical about using products on my face, just for the sheer fear what if it breaks me out. Initially I was an impulsive buyer, wherein I would buy anything the SA recommends. Over the years I’ve learnt what kind of products suit me and I’ve noticed that my skin has improved.
Until a year ago, I was ignorant about skin care. My skin care regime would be washing my face twice a day. Apart from that occasional use of face pack or indulge in a facial once in a while. Till about 3 months back, I thought exfoliation is not for oily skin because when you rub your skin, the oil secretion increases!!! I was probably exfoliating my face once in two to three weeks (My Bad). It was Palak (fellow blogger) who told me that people with Oily Skin have dead skin and do need to exfoliate
My T-Zone is extremely oily and I’ve always had large pores on my nose and on the sides of my nose and they’re a popular spot for blackheads to hang out. I dreaded getting facial because of blackhead removal process. By the time I would get my blackheads removed, I would need 2-3 tissues to wipe the tears off my eyes 🙁 . That’s when I decided to exfoliate my face often and came across this product. Got all the more excited when I read it was for Oily or Blemish Prone Skin.
Discover the swiss secrets for healthy looking, smooth, radiant skin. Only St. Ives captures the secrets of naturally beautiful and healthy looking skin in this deep cleansing formula that gently exfoliates, removing oil, dirt and dull skin cells that can lead to blemishes and blackheads
- APRICOTS are known to contain one of the highest levels of carotenoids (think vitamin A) and super-effective antioxidants. All of this natural power might seem, well, too powerful, but they are actually quite gentle and nourishing and they help make fresher, more nourished skin beautifully possible.
Corn Kernel Meal
- CORN KERNEL MEAL is actually flour ground from dried corn. It’s a soft, but gently powerful all-natural exfoliant that promotes skin cell turnover and regeneration. Cornmeal makes softer-feeling, fresher skin possible.
- WALNUT is known for its hard shell, but when it’s ground, it becomes an amazingly effective, all-natural exfoliant ingredient in our scrubs. Not only are walnuts plentiful on the planet, they also help newer, healthier skin come to the surface.
Moisten face and neck. Gently massage onto skin avoiding eyes. Rinse well, dry and apply moisturizer as usual. In case of contact with eyes, flush thoroughly with water.
Where can you get it: In any drug-store
Price: Rs. 245 for 150 ml
How do I use St Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub?
I splash my face with water and take a small quantity of this product. I massage my face in circular motion for 2-3 minutes and wash it off with cold water. I tend to focus more on my problem areas
What do I like about St Ives Apricot Scrub?
- My skin feels clean and soft.
- It also brightens my face.
- It has helped in controlling and clearing my pesky blackheads.
- Considering the fact that I break-out easily, this didn’t and I was super-duper happy.
- My face is not oily after few hours of exfoliation. For me this is a big deal, considering that my face tends to get oily in one hour.
What do I dislike about St Ives Apricot Scrub ?
- I would like it in a see-through tube so that I would know the quantity of product left
- I do not like the smell much. I don’t even know how to explain. It’s not overpowering but a very mild weird smell. Since it stays on my skin for just 3 minutes, I really don’t mind it (I’ve smelt the product like 10 times now, but not able to explain!!!)
My Verdict: I always look out for this product when I’m heading out. It instantly brightens up my face and I’m good to go. The most important factor, appearance of my blackheads has reduced considerably.
Oh by the way, they claim you can use it as a body scrub. I’ve never tried it though. Has anyone tried it?
Will I purchase St Ives Apricot Scrub again? Yes but I do want to try out other scrubs
Rating: :-* :-*:-*