What is the Body Shop’s loose face powder?
A long-lasting lightweight ultra-fine loose powder to apply over foundation to help reduce shine, minimize the appearance of fine lines and set make-up. It provides a luxuriously smooth and healthy-looking matte finish. With Community Trade Marula oil.
What is Marula Oil?
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Marula oil comes from the marula tree, native to Southern Africa. The oil is rich in oleic acid, essential to the maintenance of healthy-looking skin. The Body Shop trades with the Eudafano Womens Cooperative in northern Namibia, which helps women in rural communities who have very few opportunities to earn money. The trade with our company has helped more than 750 women and their families to benefit from this traditional, yet underutilized natural resource.
Ingredients in the Body Shop’s loose face powder
- Marula Oil – Is a very effective moisturiser that also helps to condition the skin over time. Also provides essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin’s moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
- Vitamin E – Is an antioxidant that helps to soften, condition and protect the skin.
- Light reflective particles – Instantly brighten the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Price : Rs 895. I got it at a 15% discount.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Shades available : 3. Loose Powder 02, Loose Powder 03, Loose Powder 05. Mine is in 03 . I am not sure how they are numbered. I just took SAs help and 03 matched my NC 40/ fair to wheatish complexion/ typical Indian skintone :p the best.
Quantity: 14 gm (pretty good for its price)
Why should you buy the Body Shop’s loose face powder?
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Since I am travelling these day, weather is changing drastically in different zones of India. I am avoiding wearing foundation these days because sometimes I have oily skin, sometimes dry, and sometimes combination. It’s just cranky. So I have given my foundation routine a little rest. I wanted something light that could keep my skin even and give a little/sheer coverage. Since I had not used loose powders before, I thought this was a good opportunity to pick one for myself.
Yesterday after cleaning and moisturizing my face, I sweeped loose powder on my face base with a big powder puff, applied blush ,lipstick, eyeliner and kajal.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
As soon as I applied the loose powder, there was fresh glow on my face. No oily shine, no dullness. Just even skin tone and nice glow.My makeup was intact even after 4-5 hours. My blush was till showing and there was no dullness at all. The powder didn’t turn orange or in some weird colour. Loved it.
The packaging is chic. A wide mouthed transparent jar with a silver lid.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
I also feel that the Body Shop is generous with the amount of product it gives. Do you also feel the same or is it just me? 😛
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
- I wouldn’t recommend the Body Shop’s loose face powder for oily skin because the ingredients have oils in it. You might break out.
- When you are applying, just take a little powder on the lid and then sweep the powder on the brush from the lid itself. If you want more powder, just repeat the process. This will keep our product bateria free to the maximum.
- If you want more coverage, use a powder puff and press the powder in your skin. To remove any excess powder, just sweep a clean powder brush on your face.
- You cna also use a concelaer on your skin first and then apply loose powder, you would not need a foundation necessarily.
- If you are applying powder blush, follow these application steps: foundation=>loose powder=>powder blush
- If you are applying cream/gel blush, follow these application steps: foundation=>gel/cream blush=> loose powder. This will keep your blush last longer and prevent it from melting.
- If you think your have applied too much blush on your cheeks, just sweep a little loose powder on your cheeks and voila! everything will be in place. 🙂
- Close the lid of your loose powder tightly or else you would be complaining about loose powder being messy.
- If you are getting ready for functions , parties or bridal, it’s better to use loose powder than the pressed powder. Loose powder gives this little opaque coverage that would look better in pictures.
What is the difference between loose powder and pressed powder?
- Coverage: Loose powder gives a little better coverage than the pressed powder.
- Ease of usage: Loose powder can be messy while pressed powder is easier to carry without you getting worried about powder spilling here and there in your purse.
- A lot of people say that loose powder looks more natural but I have not felt the difference. I just felt that loose powder, when applied with puff, gave me a better coverage than the pressed powder . It’s like applying mineral foundation.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
What do you prefer? Pressed Powder or loose powder?
I think I would keep both loose powder and pressed powder in my makeup stash.