Bourjois Mineral Enriched Loose Powder Review
What it claims: Good for your skin!Healthy, matte and even complexion.
This fine loose powder melts onto the skin to even out the complexion, for an airy and translucent finish.
Its non drying formula, enriched with minerals, brings comfort to your skin.
Shades Available: Sable Elegant 01, Rose Chic 02 (I have the latter).
Price and Quantity: Rs. 865 for 30 gms.
What I like about the Bourjois Loose Powder:
- The texture is finely milled, velvet like, soft and silky. It does indeed “melt” into my skin.
- It keeps my face matte for the whole day. It also absorbs shine well for hours to come. (Awesome for those belonging to the “shiny forehead—shiny chin” club )
- The powder has tremendous setting power. I’ve been using this powder to set my foundation and it does blend really well.
- I have also used this powder instead of my foundation and I must say that it provides good coverage. Just use a very light moisturising cream underneath as base (I use the Fabindia skin hydrating cream for oily skin). So for those of you out there blessed with a clear skin like me and not into applying foundation/tinted moisturisers, this is the powder to buy. It does not seem to clog my pores and lets the skin breathe.
- Very little of the powder is required for a good radiant finish.
- It does not leave a powdery/grainy residue unlike some loose powders when placed over/below make up (I own the very high end Chloe loose powder and even that tends to be grainy every now and then!). Additionally, this loose powder does not look or feel cakey upon application.
- It evens out my skin tone.
- Lasts for quite a few hours. Very much your 9 to 5 powder even in humid weather. 🙂
What I don’t like much about the Bourjois Loose Powder:
- The packaging: It is bulky and messy particularly if you intend to use the jar for touch ups or while travelling. You have to be very careful while opening the jar. Besides, I did not find the puff/sponge to be of any use as I always need to use my large powder brush for an airbrushed finish.
- It has a slight floral scent which I hear a lot of people find overpowering but I did not find it nauseating or too strong for my olfactory senses. Besides, the smell seemed to vanish within a couple of seconds.
Verdict: It is comparable to much more expensive loose powders. But this one is indeed my current love 🙂
Would you purchase again?: Definitely yes ! 🙂
I recently purchased Loreal Color Riche “Intense Fuchsia” and felt like sharing picture of it so that you all can give me your valuable feedback . 🙂
Have you used Bourjois Mineral Powder ? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
The Body Shop Loose Face Powder Review
Lotus Herbals Translucent Loose Powder Review
Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Loose Powder Review
Lakme Rose Powder Review
MAC Blot Powder Review, Photos, Swatches
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder Review
Bourjois Brush Concealer Review
Bourjois Sweet Kiss Naturel Lipstick Swatches & Photos
Bourjois Restoring Night Lip Balm Review
Bourjois Paris 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation Review