WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Claims : This featherlight powder base gives a radiant, natural-looking finish and can be built up for extra coverage. It is non-comedogenic and suitable for sensitive skin
Covers imperfections and fine lines
Contains SPF 25
Price : Rs 1,395 for 5 gm
Instructions : Tip the pot upside-down so a little powder is deposited in the lid. Work the powder into our Mineral Foundation Brush. Tap off the excess and apply to the face in circular motions. Reapply to build coverage.
When I first got this foundation, I really didn’t know what to expect. I have been using the Body Shop Loose Powder for almost 1 1/2 year now and I am a total fan of it. I thought this would be pretty similar. It is and it is not.
The Body Shop Extra Virgin minerals Foundation is a super duper finely milled mineral foundation. It comes in a little transparent jar with black screw cap. There is a mesh bitted inside the jar to control the amount of product.
Likes and Dislikes
- It is super finely milled and makes your skin look smoother and gives the appearance of smaller pores. Not majorly but I do see the difference.
- The foundation is quite dense so the brush picks up quite a lot of product in one go. I find it best to pick up the product on a kabuki brush, pat it on a few areas of your face and the blend everything out. You can even swirl the brush in the product, tap off the excess and then apply. Whatever suits you. 🙂
- It gives sheer coverage but it has quite a good coverage for a loose powder foundation. It is slightly buildable as well. (swatches below). I find it perfect for day to day basis – just use a concealer to hide the under eye circles / blemishes and finish off your face makeup with this. You are good to go.
- This works great as a setting powder as well. I use tinted moisturizer and set my face with this. It keeps my face looking fresh for good 6+ hours. Really like it.
- It is not drying and contains SPF 25.
- I find the finish more on the natural side- neither shiny nor completely matte. If you have very oily skin and you are looking for something that controls the oil or mattifies your face, this may not be the best thing to look for.
- It does not clog the pores or sits in the fine lines.
- A little goes a long way. You don’t need lots of product . It is quite a dense powder and a little gives a neat finished look to the face.
- It does not feel heavy or cakey on skin.
- I like the tiny ingredient list. 😛
- My only dislike would be that since the powder is super fine, flies quite a lot.
Overall, I totally like this loose powder foundation. I have been using it every single day either to set my makeup or to use it on its own. If you are looking for something that gives you light coverage for day to day basis and may be even sets your makeup, this is a very good option. If I personally have to purchase it, i would definitely do so. 🙂
The difference between the The Body Shop Loose Powder and The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation is that the foundation has a bit more coverage than the loose powder. It is more of a mineral foundation than just a setting powder.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : 4.5/5
Have you used The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation ? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
The Body Shop Face & Body, Blusher, Mineral Foundation Brush Review
The Body Shop Brush On Bronze
The Body Shop Nature’s Minerals Foundation Brush Review and Photos
The Body Shop Spring/ Summer 2011 Makeup Trend
The Body Shop Dreams Unlimited Eau De Parfum
The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
Sigma Professional Brush Kit Review : Eyes
The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Liquid Foundation Review