The body shop vitamin c masque visage retexturant review:
It’s a whole line with vitamin c capsules to apply to your face; vitamin c serum for quick pick me up; vitamin c daily moisturiser; vitamin c night treatment; vitamin c mask.etc.
Vitamin C became a celebrated cause in the world of skin after Dr. Sheldon Pennell from Duke University published a paper in 1992 showing how L-ascorbic acid (a form of vitamin C) reduced UVB damage when applied to the backs of hairless pigs. That was big news and it generated product lines either based on L-ascorbic acid or other forms of vitamin C. Each company said the version of vitamin C they used was best (and most stable) for skin, which created more confusion than helpful information.
With the passing years an impressive body of research has evolved proving the benefits, stability requirements, and usage levels for many forms of vitamin
Complete range of body shop vitamin c line here from the body shop India website: HERE
They are yet to launch the mask here.
When I got this mask I got it in a deal of buy 3 products for 15 dollars from any range. I ended up buying two tea tree and one vitamin c mask which is this.
Now the antioxidants in this mask, are supposed to do all the nice things to your problematic skin.
Being a peel off mask this is supposed to strip of all the oil and dirt and unclog your pores and give it a baby soft feel.
What I expected out of this mask was also that would help me clear my post acne marks and the hyper pigmentation on my skin.
I also expected it to give my skin a glow whenever I used it as it’s a peel off mask.
It did nothing .absolutely nothing.
Cons of the body shop vitamin c peel off mask:
- Did nothing. Being a peel off mask it did not even clean my pores properly.
- I have been using it regularly and no reduction in blemishes whatsoever.
- The body shop has not even launched its complete vitamin c ranged in India including this mask.
- The texture is so thick even for a peel off. It sticks to my hand when I try to apply it and does not spread evenly.
- It comes with a very tiny spoon and there is no proper method of application of this mask
- It is sticky and it does not dry for minimum 15 minutes.
- When I try to peel it off after its dried it comes off in bits and not evenly.
- Does not even reduce my pore size
- The only job it does is, if am able to take it off in one go (rare) I feel my skin is little smoother. But if I take it off in bits it leaves my not so sensitive acne pore skin all red.
- I adore the body shop products for their aroma and butters but somehow their treatments have been a big fail for me always. Least effective and high on price.
Vitamin c and other anti oxidants work properly on your skin only if you use them in right quantity.The incorrect and rampant use of antioxidants and many at a time can make our skin photosensitive. So we should think twice before opting for any treatments like this and wear a sunscreen ALWAYS.
It is a waste and do not buy this.
Imbb rating of negative on 5
Have you used The Body Shop Vitamin C Peel Off Mask? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion