WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
We all are makeup junkies. We can spend even hours on perfecting our makeup. But, what if I told you there is a way to have a permanent winged eyeliner or permanently perfect red pout? Will you be game for it? Well, in today’s post I will tell you everything there is to know about getting permanent makeup done.
What is Permanent Makeup?
It is a cosmetic procedure, much like getting a tattoo done in which your natural features are enhanced by producing designs on your face that look like makeup.
How Is It Done?
How is a tattoo done? By the needle that penetrates your skin and releases pigment. Right? Well, this is how permanent makeup is done. A patch test is done on the area where the procedure is to be done to check whether the pigment used will suit your skin or not? Then, just like tattoo, your technician will sketch the area according to what kind of makeup you want with a surgical sterile pen. A vibrating needle is used to release the pigment into the skin and giving you your desired makeup look.
Healing Time After Permanent Makeup
You will most likely have redness and mild swelling that could last from few hours to few days. The applied makeup color will look so much darker than your desired one for few days. It takes about 5-7 days for the exact color to show up.
Is The Makeup Really Permanent?
No, it is not! It shows signs of fading after a couple of years. You can totally imagine your eyeliner fading, right? Would you want that on your skin after some years? Permanent makeup needs touch ups after a few years so that it looks just the way you want and not like the mehndi that has started to fade. You just want to scratch that mehndi away from your hands at that time. Don’t you?
Types of Permanent Makeup
• Eyeliner: top and bottom
• Enhancement of eyebrows
• Eye shadow
• Lash enhancement
• Scar camouflage and beauty marks
• Lip contouring and shading
Now, let’s talk about the pros and cons of permanent makeup:
• No hassle of doing and removing your makeup everyday.
• If you are allergic to cosmetics, getting permanent makeup is a good option.
• You will look good 24 hours a day. You will look presentable and fresh even after gym or swimming session
• If you have lost the hair from your eyebrows due to chemotherapy, burns or accidents, it is a very good option to get them back.
• It is also used to hide scars.
• Very painful procedure, imagine a drilling sensation on your waterline or eyelids.
• Expensive, not everyone can afford it.
• You can easily get bored with it. Imagine you wash your face and your makeup is still there.
• If unsterile equipment and needles are used, there is a greater chance of serious infections like hepatitis and staph bacteria.
• If you ever need to get an MRI done, the iron particles in the pigment used will interfere with the results.
• You could get allergic lumps because of inks and dyes used in permanent makeup.
Although, it is an individual’s choice to get this kind of procedures done, one should always talk to the technician and weigh the pros and cons of everything in detail.
In the end, here are some before and after pics of permanent makeup:
Do tell me your thoughts about permanent makeup, I would love to know!
25 Things You Never Knew Vaseline Could Do
5 Things you must Learn if you Love to Travel
10 Things To Carry in the Purse on a First Date
MAC Girl About Town Lipstick
Permanent Methods to Remove Underarm Hair
My Experience with Permanent Hair Straightening
Permanent Laser Hair Removal Treatment and My Personal Experience
Makeup Products That Would Make You Look Like A Bollywood Star
10 Bollywood Celebrities Who Look Beautiful Without Makeup