Have you ever noticed people trying to maintain a distance when you talk? Do people try and touch there nose more frequently when you are speaking? If yes then I am sure you must be aware why is it happening. If not then let me tell you. It all happens because you have a bad breath.
Bad breath or halitosis is primarily caused due to poor dental care and oral hygiene. Rarely is it caused due to any major health problem. Though it is quite a common problem but, it can be very embarrassing at times. In the absence of proper care it can have an impact on person’s private and social life as well.
Causes of bad breath:
• Zinc deficiency
• Gum disease
• Tooth infections
• Accumulation of food between the teeth
• Some medications
How to get rid of bad breath:
• To get rid of bad breath chew 1 or 2 cloves, mint leaves or cardamom daily after meals.
• Add a drop of tea tree oil to your toothpaste right before you brush. Or use it as a mouthwash by adding 3 drops of the oil to a cup of warm water. Gargle with this solution twice or thrice a day.
• Add 1/2 tablespoon of apple cinder vinegar into a glass of water. Gargle for 10 seconds with this solution.
• Chew some tender leaves of guava tree. It helps to cure bleeding gums and bad breath.
• Sprinkle baking soda on your toothbrush. Brush your teeth with it and then rinse with water.
• Tea made from fenugreek seeds is a good bad breath remedy. Mix a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to ½ liter of water, simmer for 15 minutes, strain and drink as tea.
• Drink a cup of pineapple juice daily to get rid of bad breath.
• Eat yoghurt daily for six to seven weeks to keep bad breath at bay.
• Squeeze one lemon in a cup of water. Use this water to gargle and get rid of bad breath.
• Chew some sunflower seeds after each meal and drink a glass of water after it. It is one of the most effective remedy to get rid of bad breath.
• Gargle with salt water to reduce bacteria in the mouth, which inturn will lead to curing the bad breath problem.
Some tips for better oral hygiene:
• Use a mouth wash to keep bad breath at bay or else people will remain at bay from you.
• For a complete oral cleaning brushing teeth is not sufficient clean your tongue too.
• Say no to alcohol.
• Eat a healthy diet not only to maintain a good body but also good oral structures.
• Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco as they damage the oral tissue completely and not to mention causes oral cancer as well.
• Visit a dentist at least twice a year. Getting your teeth cleaned by a professional would only help you maintain your pearly smile for long.
Hope these tips will help you fight against the problem of bad breath.