Moisturizers and body lotions are two things I can never get enough of. I have always been more of a body lotion person and was pretty apprehensive about body oils, especially the ones that are after-shower. However, I thought of giving one a try after being persuaded by my bestie who swears by them. Since I loved the body lotion and scrub wash from the Acai range of Victoria’s Secret, picking up the body oil from the same range was an obvious choice.
Price: $18 for 250 ml/8.4 floz
What the product claims:
The finishing touch for ultimate moisture every day: deeply hydrating oil that’s still lightweight, blended with our natural Cotton Moisture Complex and antioxidant-rich açai berry for sexy, silky-smooth skin, kissed with a fruity scent.
Step four in our four-step Ultimate Moisture System for nourished, touchable skin each and every day.
• Exclusive Cotton Moisture Complex for ultimate hydration
• Restorative argan, sunflower and grapeseed oils
• Continuous 24-hour moisture
• Infused with skin-protecting açai berry, reputed to be one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants
• Soft, fruity scent
• Clinically proven formula
• International patent-pending technology
• Paraben free
My Experience with Victoria’s Secret Acai Weightless Body Oil:
Packaging: The packaging is really cute. The product comes in a transparent plastic tube with embedded white stripes and an adorable light pink coloured bow. The oil is colourless. The black screw cap tightly fits, ensuring that it is leak proof and travel safe. The packaging is sturdy and compact, making it further easy to carry around.
I have to admit, I absolutely love the product. It feels light on skin, almost non-existent once rubbed in. Initially I expected it to feel greasy on skin as in the case of other body oils I have come across, but surprisingly it did not feel greasy or sticky (yayy!!). With repeated use, I could find that the texture of my skin is greatly improved; it feels softer and nourished. I am still in awe of how easily the oil gets absorbed into the skin without leaving behind any oily cast or residue. Since it spreads easily, only a few drops are needed per use and it actually takes a lot less time to apply when compared to my regular body lotions,making it my first preference for all busy days ;).
Coming to the fragrance, I love, love, love the scent. It has a mild, soothing citrus-fruity scent just like the other products in the Acai range. It is the type of fragrance that makes me feel incredibly happy and ready to take on the world. The scent is not overpowering and can be sensed only close to skin. A few drops of it in the bath is one of my favourite stressbuster routine these days. It can also be easily layered with similar scented VS products.
The body oil keeps my skin hydrated for the whole day. I step into the sun wearing it and it does not feel even slightly uncomfortable.
Overall, it is luxurious, smells heavenly and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth with a wonderful natural sheen.
Pros of Victoria’s Secret Acai Weightless Body Oil:
• It is a great body oil, true to its claims.
• It is absolutely weightless.
• Has some amazing skin nourishing features like the anti-oxidant properties of Acai berries and moisturizing properties of cotton moisture complex formula.
• It keeps my skin beautifully moisturized and well hydrated throughout the day.
• Doesn’t feel greasy or sticky on the skin.
• Makes my skin incredibly smooth with a beautiful natural sheen.
• It has an amazing fragrance that is pleasantly mild and soothing.
• It is long lasting and takes only a few drops per use.
• Repeated use improves skin texture.
• It did not cause any breakouts or rashes.
• The packaging is compact, leak proof and very travel friendly.
• Product is paraben free.
Cons of Victoria’s Secret Acai Weightless Body Oil:
• None. There is nothing about it that I do not love.
IMBB Rating: 5/5
Would I Repurchase Victoria’s Secret Acai Weightless Body Oil?
Yes! I am in love with the product. I totally regret not having tried it out earlier.
Do I Recommend Victoria’s Secret Acai Weightless Body Oil?
Absolutely! It is a great body oil, true to its claims. It leaves my skin feeling smooth, glowing and beautifully scented every time.
Biotique Avocado Body Massage Oil Biocado-Review
The Body Shop Moringa Beautifying Oil Review
Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil Review
Neutrogena Body Oil Review
Forest Essentials Eucalyptus & Black Pepper Body Oil Review
Patanjali Tejus Tailum Review
The Body Shop Wild Argan Radiant Oil – Is Your Oil Radiant Enough?
Bobbi Brown Blush Pale Pink, Eyeshadow Heather, Bone, Gel Eyeliner Brush, Intensifying Long Wear Mascara, Lipstick True Pink Reviews