Why wax your legs?
It is true that waxing can cause a bit of pain; but the smooth and beautiful legs that you get after putting up with that little amount of hurting makes you forget all that discomfort. Razors are perhaps easier options as far as hair removal is concerned but they cause you cuts and burns, which you can do away with totally by waxing. Moreover, waxing is safer than shaving and, for that matter, than any of those hair removal creams that flood the market! Waxing your legs would let you enjoy smooth legs for longer periods of time; hence, it saves time and money in the long run as compared to razors and depilatories. Moreover, waxing does not cause stubbles and saves you from any kind of embarrassment. Razors and depilatories, on the other hand can make your hair coarser in the long run.
How to Wax Your Legs: The Preparations Before Waxing
Well, of course, the best option is to pay a visit to your favorite beauty salon and get your legs waxed taking the help of expert hands. But then, if you are interested in waxing your own legs at home, here are some of things that need to be done before you actually start waxing:
• Make sure that the hairs on your legs are ready to be waxed. They should neither be too small nor too long. If they are too small, they wouldn’t stick properly and it would be difficult to pull them out. In case they are too long, trim the hair before you wax them.
• Exfoliation is important as this would help you to get rid of the dead cells. Exfoliate your legs around two days before waxing. However, this shouldn’t be done immediately before you wax your legs.
• Invest in a good waxing kit that comes with a tub of wax, strips and applicator. If you are keen to make your own wax at home, you can prepare sugar wax easily by combining lemon juice, sugar and water and heating it on a low temperature till it reads a certain temperature. Keep a spatula and a few strips of cloth ready.
• Conduct an allergy test. A little amount of cooled wax should be applied on any part of your body, as convenient to you, to see if you get rashes or irritation. If nothing happens, you can go on with the process.
How to Wax Your Legs: The Steps
1. Wash your legs in trepid water.
2. Pat your legs dry and apply some baby powder.
3. Check out the direction in which the hair grows.
4. Heat the wax.
5. Test the temperature, preferably, by applying the heated wax in a little amount on your hand. Ensure it is not too hot! It shouldn’t be too cold either. If it is very hot, wait for a few seconds; if it is too cold, keep stirring and perhaps, you need to heat it a bit more.
6. Now, use the applicator or spatula to apply the wax on your legs in the direction of hair growth. It is better to work in small sections. Ensure the hairs do not poke up.
7. Cover the area with a cloth strip immediately, press it firmly and rub up and down.
8. Wait for a few seconds and pull the skin around the focused area; stretch it tight and there shouldn’t be any loose skin.
9. Now comes the most important step. Hold the end part of piece of cloth and pull it in the opposite direction of hair growth. Do it quickly.
10. Repeat the steps to remove hair from the whole of both your legs.
11. Wipe off your legs with a damp piece of cloth followed by washing with cold water.
12. Massage your legs with a generous amount of moisturizer or pose waxing creams.
How to Wax Your Legs: Tips and Warnings
• If your legs have areas with cuts and infections, do not wax!
• It can be painful if you pull the hair too slowly in step 9.
• If you tend to get rashes, apply some ice or ice cold water just after step 11. Applying calamine lotions also helps.
• The container should be safe and do not allow any foreign material to invade in the wax while storing it.
images: 1, 2
Paraffin Wax Treatment for Hands & Feet
Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips
Hip Hop Hair Removing Wax Strips
Bikini Line Hair Removal Tips
Waxing vs Epilators
Skin Care for Great Legs
5 Legs Exercises for Thighs, Hips and Calves
How To Look Good in Shorts
How to Apply Leg Makeup