WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hip Hop Hair Removing Wax Strips: Strawberry
Hellooo lovelies. :*
Hope you ladies are doing great. Today, I will be reviewing ‘Hip Hop Hair Removing Wax Strips’ in Strawberry fragrance. Honestly, I hadn’t heard about or seen this brand till its face wash reviews appeared on IMBB; reading which, I picked up a few products and now am hooked! Came across these waxing strips in the local beauty store nearby.
What Hip Hop Claims:
Hip Hop skin care wax applied double strips remove unwanted hair from roots and leave your skin smooth and silky for several weeks. All natural with no side effects, no skin darkening, no mess, no burns, easy clean up (with tissue wipes). The same strip can be re-used 3-4 times.
- 6 x 2 wax applied double sided wax strips (12 in number).
- After depil towelette (2 wipes provided).
- Also, an instruction leaflet is provided, which has simple pictures with the instructions. Even newbies like me can wax like pros using it. 🙂
For those of you who have never used wax strips before, here’s how you have to use them:
1) Perform a patch test on a small part of the area you wish to treat. If skin appears normal after 24 hours, proceed with complete treatment. Do not use if you have broken, irritated skin or varicose veins. Do not use on moles, warts or rashes. The hair you are removing should be at least 2 mm long.
2) Exfoliate the skin using a good scrub prior to waxing. Cleanse and dry the skin well.
3) Place a wax strip between your palms and rub it gently to heat it. After about 20-30 seconds of rubbing, slowly peel the strip apart, you will get two wax-coated strips like this:
4) Place a strip on your skin, press gently , rub a little in the direction of hair growth, so that it sticks properly to the hair.
5) Now, the painful part of pulling. Do not yank the strip away. Zip it backwards from the top (don’t lift it upwards). You can see all the hair sticking to it. 🙂 In case you have thick or dense hair, use the same strip on the same area once again.
6) Each strip can be reused 3-4 times until its glue stops holding. With this pack, I could easily wax half legs, full arms and under arms.
Pros of Hip Hip Strawberry Wax Strips:
1) Very effective. It is a no-fuss product that does its job.
2) Quantity is amazing, like I said, 12 strips are more than enough to wax your arms and legs.
3) Safe on sensitive skin and bikini areas (if you can handle the pain, that is).
4) Strawberry smells good and the fragrance lingers for a while on your skin. 🙂
5) Two after-wax wipes are provided, which clean up residual wax well. If you run out of wipes, use baby oil.
6) Finally, the best part – all this costs only Rs. 55!
Cons of Hip Hop Strawberry Wax Strips:
1) Availability is the biggest issue. I honestly haven’t seen Hip Hop products anywhere but that little store near my house.
2) Right now, it is available only in strawberry flavour and the fragrance is quite strong. Some of us ladies may not like to go around smelling like jam. 😛
3) Does not help to subside the pain that accompanies waxing, but then no other wax strip does, so I’ll give them this one.
Rating: 4.5 / 5.
Will I Purchase These Strips Again? Already on my third pack. 🙂
Waxing vs Epilators – What do you Prefer for Hair Removal?
Ask IMBB Gang : Threading or Waxing
How To Reduce Pain During Waxing
How to get rid of rashes due to waxing : Ask IMBB
Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips
Temporary Methods to Remove Underarm Hair
Shaving for Hair Removal
How to Get Rid of Dark Under Arms
Hip Hop Apricot Face Scrub
Hip Hop Skin Care Kiwi Face Scrub