WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lately, I have been watching this Pakistani chick Veena Malik with exuberantly great pair of heels. She possibly owns a shoe shop I guess. Her shoes are like “yummmylicious”. Hence I thought I ought to share in my views about the high heels with all of my lovely IMBB ladies, although I have written about high heels before but this a brand new one, with lotsa great tips on how to wear high heels.
Now I know, the first thing what surfaces our mind when we see ladies with high heels is that, “oh god they are so high, how she can even walk with them?” Every single time we see a lady with high heels we think the same, don’t we? But my question is, even after these thoughts and dilemmas we end up buying the sassiest pair of hair heels and spur other women too, to do the same.
Have you ever noticed the difference that high heels create in a women’s figure? Of course you must have. High heels accentuate the figure, high heels pushes the bosom onward whilst the buttocks are pushes rearward and the back is forced to the arch and mind you men like the exaggerated and embroidered figure.
Okay okay now I know what all those who are reading this post are thinking of their favorite high heels, and I am dead sure they are gonna get out from the closet for this evening outing.
But here are some tips which won’t make the high heels experience a painful one for you and of course the right one for you.
How to Wear High Heels
• First of all, start small and don’t buy 6 inch stilettos as the first buy, you can settle for 4 inch and then graduate eventually. If you are an amateur with high heels pick a broad shoe, which can support your feet. A pair of boots with heels will help you. Shoes more than 5 inches are totally not meant for walking, they look good in the shoe rack.
• Do not wear toooo high heeled shoes suddenly. Go for something which is medium height, may be an inch or 2 more than your previous buy. I mean if you can carry of the very high heeled segment well, go on with it. I wonder how this Veena chick manages to wear such longgggg heels, I mean its fine fore parties and stuff but..errrrr…..for hours together????
• Choose the heels you wear wisely. There are many many kinds of heels available which vary in size, shape, thickness and height. Kitten heels which is approx 1 and half inch or 4 cms help you in achieving balance. Broad heels help you get used to the steep back arch. Wedge heels increases your balance.
• If you have large feet, like I do, remember this one golden advice. The bigger the feet size (I wear an 8 :p) the higher should be the heel.
• Try walking on a hard floor, on a carpet and even the stair case before buying any pair for shoes, but particularly the heels.
• Now here’s a tip from “Zeeba’s Gyaan” for ensuring that the heels are appropriate for your feet. Whilst picking high heels and trying them, get on a hard flooring surface and try to raise your body on the toes with the shoes on, if you are able to do so, the heels are just meant for your feet and if you fail to do so, try the next pair, these heels are too high for you. Check your posture from both the sides by standing in front of the mirror.
• Train your ankles for strength accompanied with grace for your high heeled walk. Grace is very essential for walking with high heels whilst strength is a must for holding your body.
• Do not forget to wear thin and delicate socks within your heels. This will surely prevent the friction between the feet and the shoes, and won’t give you swollen toes in middle of the party. 😛 Use cushioning generously in your shoes. Put insoles and gel soles for a good padding.
• If you are buying high heels, ensure you get padded or soft soles from within. This prevents aching soles.
• Have a normal walk, this won’t get you embarrassed and noticed for the wrong reason but also help your heels and sole from getting ached.
• Remember the mantra, heel first, toes next. Take small steps since taking longer ones tend to bend your knees and heels always alter your stride to a shorter one. The longer the heel the shorter is the stride.
• Your heel goes down before the toes. When you walk on high heels it should look like you are walking on your toes, and this is what accentuates the figure.
• Most importantly, keep your legs together please. I know models master walking on heels; you can too but with a bit of practice. Do not try swaying your butt initially.
• Practice everything you can with your heels. Wear them at home. Oooooo this is what Veena does, practices walking with her heels on for the whole day and night. Practicing will not only master you in walking with heels but also dent scuffs do that the shoes don’t slip.
• Practice changing directions, try walking on different surfaces, dance with your heels on, and yes don’t forget the stair walk.
• There’s this myth that way too taller heels look great, but let me tell you they only proffer gross pain and bad bad style sense.
• Do not keep walking or standing with the heels on for hours together, give your feet some rest and break. Sit down, relax. I don’t mean you should remove your shoes here since this worsens the pain and can cause swelling too.
• Now for the female car drivers, driving with heels is certainly the toughest job. Keep a pair of flip flops or flats in your car.
• No matter how much in love you are with your new heels do not wear them everyday, this leads to chronic back pain and may be varicose veins. Walk with a straight back to avoid back pain.
Things you should know if you want to wear high heels:
• Foot pain is inevitable with heels.
• There can be possibilities of fractures and sprains too.
• They accentuate the calves (hence I love them) and also strengthen them.
• They may cause bunions and hammertoes.
• Amateurs can have an unsteady walk or stride.
• Knee and joint pains are again obvious.
• They proffer a great posture provided they are worn rightly.
• They make the foot and toes look smaller and wearer look taller.
• The lower back looks much more defined (a random thought I like Deepika’s back in that break ke baad wala lehenga)
• The pelvic floor tone is surely improved.