Curing Cracked Heels at Home
Cracked heels is a problem with everyone; it only `tends’ to worsen in winters and this year, which is supposedly to be the coldest, almost all of us are having cracked heels. Here’s an article for all you beauties for having the best heels this season.
Some common reasons for having cracked heels:
- Cold chilly winter weather
- Dehydration or dehydrated skin or dry skin
- Non- moisturized feet
- hot baths or showers
- Prolonged Soaking of feet in hot water
- Use of harsh and drying soaps
- Scrubbing feet till they get extremely dry
Here are some home remedies to get rid of cracked rough heels
- Massage your heels with sesame oil before going to bed. This is supposedly the best remedy for cracked heels.
- Mix glycerin and rosewater together and apply in on the heels daily. This soothes and cures cracked heels real quick.
- Take 1/4th bucket of water and squeeze one lemon in it, soak your feet in this and wash it with pumice stone and soap. Do this twice a week.
- Massage your feet with coconut oil every night. With the dawn, scrub and rinse off.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice and papaya; apply it on the cracked heels. Let it be there for 20 minutes at least. Wash off after 20 minutes.
- Take lukewarm water and soak your feet in it for 15 minutes. This will loosen the dead skin; now wash off with a pumice stone.
- Mix raw salt (khada namak) in Luke warm water, and scrub your heels sin it as you soak it. Natural Pedicure for your feet, and this will exfoliate your feet too.
- Use special creams which are meant for treating cracked creams at night, and then scrub off in the morning and wash off, with a pumice stone. (the pumice stone, seems a savior na)
- Take a super ripe banana, which has almost turned black, and you are about to throw in the dustbin. Mash it, and apply in on the affected areas. Let it be there for 15 minutes at least. Wash off after 15 minutes. This is for a quick healing.
- Take Paraffin wax, and melt it adding some coconut oil to it. Fill in the crack with this mixture whilst going to bed, wash off in the morning. Mum did for around 2 weeks and the cracked heels are gone.
- After washing your feet, massage with paraffin oil, Vaseline or hydrogenated vegetable oil. This will keep the feet hydrated.
- Mix turmeric, tulsi and camphor in equal parts along with aloe vera gel and apply the paste on the heels. Just plain aloe vera gel is great for cracked heels.
- Mix sodium bicarbonate in luke warm water and soak your feet in it. Wash off with a pumice stone. Helps in exfoliation.
- Remember, the sugar scrub? Mix sugar with some oil, (olive, coconut, jojoba oil, just any oil) and scrub your feet with it. It is the sweetest cure for cracked heels. 😛
- Drink a lot of water to keep your skin and boy hydrated.
Other Tips to Avoid Cracked Heels
- Wear the exact size of footwear. No thin soles and backed shoes please.
- Moisturize your feet and specifically the heels.
- Keep your feet clean. Scrub and Exfoliate them regularly.
- Omega 3 and zinc deficiencies cause cracked heels, so make sure you don’t have these deficiencies.
- Wash your feet every time you come home.
- Use good creams and products for your feet too. 🙂
- Use powder in your shoes and socks.
- Walk on green grass. 🙂
Hope this article helps you. 🙂 Keep your feet smiling and healthy.!!
Home Remedies for Blemishes
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Home Remedies for White Teeth
7 Common Foot Ailments- Causes, Remedies and Exercises
Hair Dandruff: Home Remedies and Treatment
7 Homemade Remedies for Hair Split Ends
How to Wear High Heels
Heels: Different Types of Shoes
How to Select the Right Heels for Your Feet
45 thoughts on “Home Remedies for Cracked Heels”
Great tips zeeba!! :thanks: :thanks: today i’ll try sesame oil wala tip!! :whistle: :whistle:
ooh sure sure.try it..and lemme knw hw it works… :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Zeeba dear M tired of saying “vey informative post” everytime :-* :-*
Anyways,you mentioned aloe vera gel is gud for cracked heels…thanks..its one of my favourites n I use it for almost all my probs(skin hair lips etc)
Ok not related to this but I think you hae even wrutten a post on taking care of curly hair….Can you suggest a gud leave on conditoner???? ?:) ?:)
thanks Sonam, u hve curly hair? i mean hw curly??
I have very curly hair which looks gud the day I wash it …but next day itself the curls are all gone…n it looks something in between curly and wavy hair .It also looks very frizzy .So I asked for a leave on conditioner /or something which could hold the curls properly… 🙂 :))
This article will be very helpful to gurlies in these dry winters… :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:
Graet article…..I am guilty of ignoring my feet 🙁
better late than never……….and thanks..take care of ur feet nw on. 🙂
Awesome article…This Winter has wrecked havoc on my feet..M gona try the rock salt remedy soon once I get home 🙂 :thanks:
sure do…lemme knw hw it works… :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Thankfully I’ve never suffered from cracked heel, despite having itchingly dry skin. 😛 But, my mom always had serious troubles with cracked heels. I think I can share some tips with her!! :)) :)) Really nice article Zeeba!!
glad the article is useful for ur mom.. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I can also vouch for the paraffin wax treatment. I mixed wax with mustard oil(sarso tel) equal proportions and applied on my feet and wore socks on the top overnight. It works really well.
ANd thanks for the tip too.. :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
zeeba… as ever… a very useful article :waytogo:
but i liked ‘walk on green grass’ the best :happydance:
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Thanks Ramya.,. 🙂
:waytogo: :waytogo: good article zeeba 🙂
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: Thanks Shanaiia.
read this sumwhere..
Roast an onion, mash and make a paste. Apply on cracked heels. Wash after 20 minutes.Continue for a month till the cracks heal.
ahan…..nice tip..interestng one… :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
yes..will do sooon.. 🙂
Awesome like always Zeeba 🙂
grt article- I always ignore my feet- today will do the lemon and oil wala trick…
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Bee… 🙂 thanks :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :-* :-* :-* :-* :hugleft: :hugleft: :hugleft: :hugleft:
Hi ..Blog is great.. Today itself i ll try this remedies.
Can you plz suggest me some creams for my cracked heals…
thanks for the suggestion thaks a lot………..i will do soon.. :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Before scrub your foot, Take little bucket of warm water add salt in that and make the salt to dissolve and place your feet for 30 minutes. After that using brushes or scrab stone, scrub gently. This make the feet soft.
Great tips Zeeba
I have an other n easy tips too. its very effective n easy too. I did it with my mom who is working but still she does it by own…
Heat enough water with any mild shampoo, lemon juice n any cold cream….
after heating let it be bearable for feet n soak ur feet in it… after this process rub feet with pumic stone…. u will feel great……
It will heal ur cracks n also clean ur feet….
I hope it will be useful for others too…..
oh 1 thing i forgot to write….. salt… 1 or 2 table spoon…. 🙂