Cracked heels is a problem with everyone; it only `tends’ to worsen in winters and this year, which is supposedly to be the coldest, almost all of us are having cracked heels. Here’s an article for all you beauties for having the best heels this season.
Some common reasons for having cracked heels:
- Cold chilly winter weather
- Dehydration or dehydrated skin or dry skin
- Non- moisturized feet
- hot baths or showers
- Prolonged Soaking of feet in hot water
- Use of harsh and drying soaps
- Scrubbing feet till they get extremely dry
Here are some home remedies to get rid of cracked rough heels
- Massage your heels with sesame oil before going to bed. This is supposedly the best remedy for cracked heels.
- Mix glycerin and rosewater together and apply in on the heels daily. This soothes and cures cracked heels real quick.
- Take 1/4th bucket of water and squeeze one lemon in it, soak your feet in this and wash it with pumice stone and soap. Do this twice a week.
- Massage your feet with coconut oil every night. With the dawn, scrub and rinse off.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice and papaya; apply it on the cracked heels. Let it be there for 20 minutes at least. Wash off after 20 minutes.
- Take lukewarm water and soak your feet in it for 15 minutes. This will loosen the dead skin; now wash off with a pumice stone.
- Mix raw salt (khada namak) in Luke warm water, and scrub your heels sin it as you soak it. Natural Pedicure for your feet, and this will exfoliate your feet too.
- Use special creams which are meant for treating cracked creams at night, and then scrub off in the morning and wash off, with a pumice stone. (the pumice stone, seems a savior na)
- Take a super ripe banana, which has almost turned black, and you are about to throw in the dustbin. Mash it, and apply in on the affected areas. Let it be there for 15 minutes at least. Wash off after 15 minutes. This is for a quick healing.
- Take Paraffin wax, and melt it adding some coconut oil to it. Fill in the crack with this mixture whilst going to bed, wash off in the morning. Mum did for around 2 weeks and the cracked heels are gone.
- After washing your feet, massage with paraffin oil, Vaseline or hydrogenated vegetable oil. This will keep the feet hydrated.
- Mix turmeric, tulsi and camphor in equal parts along with aloe vera gel and apply the paste on the heels. Just plain aloe vera gel is great for cracked heels.
- Mix sodium bicarbonate in luke warm water and soak your feet in it. Wash off with a pumice stone. Helps in exfoliation.
- Remember, the sugar scrub? Mix sugar with some oil, (olive, coconut, jojoba oil, just any oil) and scrub your feet with it. It is the sweetest cure for cracked heels. 😛
- Drink a lot of water to keep your skin and boy hydrated.
- Wear the exact size of footwear. No thin soles and backed shoes please.
- Moisturize your feet and specifically the heels.
- Keep your feet clean. Scrub and Exfoliate them regularly.
- Omega 3 and zinc deficiencies cause cracked heels, so make sure you don’t have these deficiencies.
- Wash your feet every time you come home.
- Use good creams and products for your feet too. 🙂
- Use powder in your shoes and socks.
- Walk on green grass. 🙂
Hope this article helps you. 🙂 Keep your feet smiling and healthy.!!
Home Remedies for Blemishes
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Home Remedies for White Teeth
7 Common Foot Ailments- Causes, Remedies and Exercises
Hair Dandruff: Home Remedies and Treatment
7 Homemade Remedies for Hair Split Ends
How to Wear High Heels
Heels: Different Types of Shoes
How to Select the Right Heels for Your Feet