Rings have always been a symbol of elegance, grace, poise, style, and beauty. They are the most important fashion accessory for both men and women. Today the market is flooded with different types of rings. From the low-priced plastic one to the one encrusted with diamonds and other precious stone the choice is endless.
As far as I am concerned I am not into fashion rings so much. Just a simple plain band ring is enough for me. I just cant load my fingers with rings.
Types of rings:
Rings are available in plenty of styles such as:
• Beaded rings: As the name suggests these rings are made of beads that are woven into thread made of synthetic fiber or of metal wires. Various colours are used to enhance the pattern.
• Carved rings: Rings of wood, metal, bone, stone, or lucite may be carved by hand or machines. They may be found in simple floral designs or intricately carved ones with elaborate detail.
• Stone rings: They may be made with real semiprecious stones or synthetics. You can coordinate these rings with specific outfits as they come in wide varity of colours and cuts.
• Bands: Not only wedding bands, but fashion bands may be found in nearly any material, from narrow to wide, and worn on any finger.
• Cluster rings: True to its name these rings have groups of smaller stones that are clustered into one setting.
• Trinity rings: Trinity comprises of three rings that are worn together at one time.
• Solitaire rings: Most popular of the lot. These have a single large stone in the centre. Often diamonds are used but, other gemstones can be used too.
• Eternity rings: In these rings the stones, usually diamonds, of the same cut and size and are set in one row that goes all the way around the diameter of the ring.
• Dinner or cocktail rings: These are large oversized rings that are set with precious or semiprecious stones. People wear them as an instant boost of bling that works with almost any outfit. These are also called statement rings.
How to wear a ring gracefully:
• If your fingers are short then opt for the rings in straight line design, which can lengthen your fingers. But if your fingers are very long, the rings in transverse line shape are the good choices for you.
• Contrast your rings with your outfit for that playful mood.
• Do not overload your fingers with rings i.e. avoid wearing multiple rings at a time. Two rings in a hand is more than enough.
• Groom your nails properly whenever you plan to wear an attention getting ring. A special or statement ring needs space around it and does not require accompaniment.