Weight Loss WIth Fruit Diet
Fruits are definitely a priceless gift of nature to mankind. With the wide variety of fruits available in different flavors , we all can make a choice depending on individual taste, but whatever you choose will surely give you benefits which no other food item on this earth can give you. It would be very rare to find a person who would say absolute no to fruits, and if you have some clue on at least few of the benefits it can give to your whole body and skin in particular you would fall in love with these magic things on earth. Most of us I am sure would be religiously including lots of fresh fruits in our daily diet.
Well a fruit diet is a bit different wherein you follow a strict diet comprising only fruits for a specific period of time which can range from one day per week, or three days in a month, one week or continuously for one month. Here I am sharing with you all a Fruit Diet plan which has been personally tried, tested and being followed by me and the results have been wonderful. Please note that am not an expert in diets and those who feel that you should start a diet program after consulting a doctor may please go ahead and try it after clearing your doubts with a professional. image source:allindiaflowers.com
Why follow a Fruit Diet? The benefits which fruits can give to our body is enormous : good digestion, lots of energy, flawless glowing skin, and many more, in fact the list is quite long to quote!
Fruit Diets are an easy and simple way to give the body a rest from the harsh richness of modern twenty-first century eating habits. Fruits are high in content in a wide variety of vitamins, minerals and natural alkaline acids, all of which help boost the body’s many complex systems. Most fruits are helpful in aiding the body to eliminate toxins and help to clean out excess mucous, relieving many cold and catarrhal symptoms and definitely help to alleviate many more serious lung and respiratory problems. Fruits allow the digestive system to relax from their normal work overload and are generally mildly laxative in effect, thus enabling the bowels to eliminate better. So, from helping to relieve mild symptoms, Fruit Diets can often reduce symptoms in some more serious conditions, and are well worth trying. In short the major benefits include DETOXIFICATION, CLEANSING & WEIGHT LOSS.
Step by step Fruit Diet Plan:
- Stay focused and excited about the health benefits of a fruit diet. Remember: “no pain, no gain.” The emotional pain is a sign you are doing something powerful.
- Be mentally prepared for the diet, I used to grab lots of information and read books on the topic to get myself prepared for a fruit diet the first time. In my experience once you start off, and is able to successfully take it through 3 days, you can easily extend the period to 7 days or even more.
- Decide for how long you are planning to be on a fruit diet and stick on to the schedule without any compromise. If you are planning to take a 7 day diet try to do the same every month which can give you tremendous long lasting benefits.
- Choose good fruits – Remember, your fruit diet will only be as good as the fruit you’re eating, not just in nutrition but also in eating pleasure. Spend a little more on good quality fruit, even if you have to search for a different store that specializes in top-quality produce. Also, try to eat what’s in season. Fruits high in vitamin C and citric acid are powerful detoxifiers. Some information on few good fruits rich in vitamins & minerals are given below:
- Papaya – A rich source of Minerals and Fiber : Papaya has high nutritional benefits. It is rich in Anti-oxidants, Minerals and Fiber.
- Apples – Rich in vitamins and help to reduce risks of colon cancer, prostrate cancer and lung cancer.
- Mango: Mangoes are very popular and widely available fruits. It is rich in potassium and is a known antioxidant.
- Bananas: Rich in Vitamins and Potassium, no other fruit contain more digestible carbohydrates than bananas hence are an excellent source of energy.
- Oranges- Excellent source of Vitamin C, aids in digestion and is a very good cleansing/detoxifying agent.
- Pineapple: Good source of Vitamins and calcium, a powerful detoxifying agent.
Some Tips for Fruit Diet
- For the first three days, eat as much fruit as you desire. Eating as much as you want will help curb the temptation to quit, which is strongest in the beginning, due to dealing with cravings and hunger.
- As a norm, begin your day with a large portion of higher-calorie fruit like bananas, grapes or mangoes. This will elevate your metabolism for the whole day, sustaining good energy and fat-burning capabilities. On more active days, eat a greater amount of fruit. If you have a day of leisure, then cut back.
- I was on a 5 days fruit diet this month and I chose the following fruits, remember this is just an example and you have full liberty to choose whatever you like and are easily available at your place, of course in comfortable serving sizes.
Daily Fruit Diet Chart
- [email protected]: 2 Ripe bananas on Days 1 & 2, Mangoes on Day 3, Grapes (the purple ones) on Day 4 and Mangoes again on Day 5.
- 11AM Snack: Half an apple(Fuji) on Day 1, Bunch of Grapes on day 2, 1 Orange on Day 3, 2 small Guavas on Days 4&5.
- [email protected]: Half an apple on day 1, 1 Orange on Days2&3, 1 Mango on day 4 and 1Banana on Day 5.
- [email protected]: 1 Orange on Day1, 1Guava on Days 2&3, 1banana on Day4 and Grapes on day5.
- [email protected]: Water melons on Day1, Papaya on Day2, Carrots on Day3, Pineapple on Day4 and Papaya again on Day5.
On certain nights I used to munch on some fruit of my choice like Kiwi, or strawberries (based on availability) if I felt too hungry just before sleep. As such I never stick on to any hard and fast rule in picking the fruit and I used to have lime juice with salt whenever I used to feel low while at office and an occasional fruit salad with honey if I have a strong craving for sweets.
Due to the cleansing effect of fruit and the subsequent release of toxins, your tongue will become coated, your breath foul, and you may experience times of weakness or diarrhea. Also extended periods of fruit diet is not advisable since over time there will be a loss of muscle strength. Even more important is the loss of nutrients offered from a wide spectrum of foods, like fish, whole grains and vegetable foods, to mention only a few.
Surprisingly, a fruit diet is lower in calories than juice fasting, hence resulting in a deeper detoxification. Also, unlike juice or water fasting, the digestive system does not shut down. This means there is no drop in metabolism as is the case with fasting, where the body is forced into a low-metabolism state to conserve energy resources. An uncompromised metabolism plus a lower calorie intake equals detoxification and safe weight loss. A fruit diet is carried out for a limited period of time to allow the body to detoxify and cleanse while flooding every cell with a clean source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and the end results are glowing skin, toxin free body, high energy levels and many more.