Weight Loss WIth Fruit Diet
Fruits are definitely a priceless gift of nature to mankind. With the wide variety of fruits available in different flavors , we all can make a choice depending on individual taste, but whatever you choose will surely give you benefits which no other food item on this earth can give you. It would be very rare to find a person who would say absolute no to fruits, and if you have some clue on at least few of the benefits it can give to your whole body and skin in particular you would fall in love with these magic things on earth. Most of us I am sure would be religiously including lots of fresh fruits in our daily diet.
Well a fruit diet is a bit different wherein you follow a strict diet comprising only fruits for a specific period of time which can range from one day per week, or three days in a month, one week or continuously for one month. Here I am sharing with you all a Fruit Diet plan which has been personally tried, tested and being followed by me and the results have been wonderful. Please note that am not an expert in diets and those who feel that you should start a diet program after consulting a doctor may please go ahead and try it after clearing your doubts with a professional. image source:allindiaflowers.com
Why follow a Fruit Diet? The benefits which fruits can give to our body is enormous : good digestion, lots of energy, flawless glowing skin, and many more, in fact the list is quite long to quote!
Fruit Diets are an easy and simple way to give the body a rest from the harsh richness of modern twenty-first century eating habits. Fruits are high in content in a wide variety of vitamins, minerals and natural alkaline acids, all of which help boost the body’s many complex systems. Most fruits are helpful in aiding the body to eliminate toxins and help to clean out excess mucous, relieving many cold and catarrhal symptoms and definitely help to alleviate many more serious lung and respiratory problems. Fruits allow the digestive system to relax from their normal work overload and are generally mildly laxative in effect, thus enabling the bowels to eliminate better. So, from helping to relieve mild symptoms, Fruit Diets can often reduce symptoms in some more serious conditions, and are well worth trying. In short the major benefits include DETOXIFICATION, CLEANSING & WEIGHT LOSS.
Step by step Fruit Diet Plan:
- Stay focused and excited about the health benefits of a fruit diet. Remember: “no pain, no gain.” The emotional pain is a sign you are doing something powerful.
- Be mentally prepared for the diet, I used to grab lots of information and read books on the topic to get myself prepared for a fruit diet the first time. In my experience once you start off, and is able to successfully take it through 3 days, you can easily extend the period to 7 days or even more.
- Decide for how long you are planning to be on a fruit diet and stick on to the schedule without any compromise. If you are planning to take a 7 day diet try to do the same every month which can give you tremendous long lasting benefits.
- Choose good fruits – Remember, your fruit diet will only be as good as the fruit you’re eating, not just in nutrition but also in eating pleasure. Spend a little more on good quality fruit, even if you have to search for a different store that specializes in top-quality produce. Also, try to eat what’s in season. Fruits high in vitamin C and citric acid are powerful detoxifiers. Some information on few good fruits rich in vitamins & minerals are given below:
- Papaya – A rich source of Minerals and Fiber : Papaya has high nutritional benefits. It is rich in Anti-oxidants, Minerals and Fiber.
- Apples – Rich in vitamins and help to reduce risks of colon cancer, prostrate cancer and lung cancer.
- Mango: Mangoes are very popular and widely available fruits. It is rich in potassium and is a known antioxidant.
- Bananas: Rich in Vitamins and Potassium, no other fruit contain more digestible carbohydrates than bananas hence are an excellent source of energy.
- Oranges- Excellent source of Vitamin C, aids in digestion and is a very good cleansing/detoxifying agent.
- Pineapple: Good source of Vitamins and calcium, a powerful detoxifying agent.
Some Tips for Fruit Diet
- For the first three days, eat as much fruit as you desire. Eating as much as you want will help curb the temptation to quit, which is strongest in the beginning, due to dealing with cravings and hunger.
- As a norm, begin your day with a large portion of higher-calorie fruit like bananas, grapes or mangoes. This will elevate your metabolism for the whole day, sustaining good energy and fat-burning capabilities. On more active days, eat a greater amount of fruit. If you have a day of leisure, then cut back.
- I was on a 5 days fruit diet this month and I chose the following fruits, remember this is just an example and you have full liberty to choose whatever you like and are easily available at your place, of course in comfortable serving sizes.
Daily Fruit Diet Chart
- Breakfast@8AM: 2 Ripe bananas on Days 1 & 2, Mangoes on Day 3, Grapes (the purple ones) on Day 4 and Mangoes again on Day 5.
- 11AM Snack: Half an apple(Fuji) on Day 1, Bunch of Grapes on day 2, 1 Orange on Day 3, 2 small Guavas on Days 4&5.
- Lunch@2PM: Half an apple on day 1, 1 Orange on Days2&3, 1 Mango on day 4 and 1Banana on Day 5.
- Snack@5PM: 1 Orange on Day1, 1Guava on Days 2&3, 1banana on Day4 and Grapes on day5.
- Dinner@8pm: Water melons on Day1, Papaya on Day2, Carrots on Day3, Pineapple on Day4 and Papaya again on Day5.
On certain nights I used to munch on some fruit of my choice like Kiwi, or strawberries (based on availability) if I felt too hungry just before sleep. As such I never stick on to any hard and fast rule in picking the fruit and I used to have lime juice with salt whenever I used to feel low while at office and an occasional fruit salad with honey if I have a strong craving for sweets.
Fruit Diet- Shortcoming/Limitations:
Due to the cleansing effect of fruit and the subsequent release of toxins, your tongue will become coated, your breath foul, and you may experience times of weakness or diarrhea. Also extended periods of fruit diet is not advisable since over time there will be a loss of muscle strength. Even more important is the loss of nutrients offered from a wide spectrum of foods, like fish, whole grains and vegetable foods, to mention only a few.
Surprisingly, a fruit diet is lower in calories than juice fasting, hence resulting in a deeper detoxification. Also, unlike juice or water fasting, the digestive system does not shut down. This means there is no drop in metabolism as is the case with fasting, where the body is forced into a low-metabolism state to conserve energy resources. An uncompromised metabolism plus a lower calorie intake equals detoxification and safe weight loss. A fruit diet is carried out for a limited period of time to allow the body to detoxify and cleanse while flooding every cell with a clean source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and the end results are glowing skin, toxin free body, high energy levels and many more.
28 thoughts on “Weight Loss With Fruit Diet”
Excellent article. I might not be following the fruit diet strictly but I will keep coming back to get a reminder that I have to eat fruits everyday. We eat so many things in a day but tend to ignore the most important things.
The fruit pictures are very tempting. I was getting tempted while uploading them only. 😛
Thx rati…well it is quite difficult for beginners especially to overcome the emotional cravings..the thoughts of chocolates, icecreams, fried items etc will keep on haunting us during initial days but once your body gets used to it becomes eay to control.it is always good to include fruits in your breakfast(on empty stomach)which would give u loads of energy for the day bcoz of the high fiber content.
I will include fruits in my breakfast from now on for sure. 🙂 Used to do it before but then kind of get lazy. I will try my best from tomorrow onwards. 🙂
All the best..All good things are tough to start off..and once u start the results would never let you stop!!
Hey Shyna is a mallu…….thanx for the fruit diet chart Shyna….I am on a weight loss phase right now and this would help so much. I have started to lose weight by my 3-km walk routine and this is so much better…. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Thx Jomol…i knew u r a mallu from your name..which place?well fruit diet is good for weight loss, but i follow this mainly for tht cleansing part, since am a hard core non-vegetarian and i love all food which are bad for health and skin – sweets, fried items etc etc..i feel so guilty for this and tht s why i decided to love fruits…am sure if u take this along with ur walk you will rock!!
She is from the land of Naughtiness. :rotfl:
Oh really?will call her Ms “N” from now on…jomol, hope u dont mind 😉
Rati……you are the naughtiest, I know 🙂
😀 Shyna…I am from Alleppey……I started with apples and mausambi for a start today….I am also a hardcore non-vegeterian, but make it a point nowadays to stick to one-day in a week plan……..but its hard to stop cravings especially if you are a mallu….I think any mallu who says he/she is a vegetrian has a possibility of getting ostracised.
u r absoultely right jomol…how can we ever forget that tempting chicken fry, fish curry and beef ularthiyathu and many more….yummy hmmm…….it is damn tough to get started…but u knw wat the first 2-3 days would be horrible but after that our body gets used to it…but definitely require will-power&patience..(something like an alcohol addict trying to stop drinking!!)
Nice one Shyna, I love fruits too but the thought of living on fruits alone for a couple of days is daunting especialy for a non-vegetarian-thats me.. :)I normally have a papaya for bf and end the day with an apple only especially when im nor particuliarly hungry for dinner
Nice article. I have decided to follow the fruit diet from tomorow onwards. Can you please tell how much weight you lost during this 5 days period
is this sure?
If any side effect comes then what will we do?
Thanks for sharing these important tips Shyna about fruit diets. I totally agree that fruit diets are some of the most effective ones. You can lose even 3-5 kilos in 4 days.
Here are some of the reasons why I consider a fruit diet should be followed:
– They strengthen to immune system;
– Fighting against aging;
– It Helps you lose weight even without starving yourself;
– Fruits play a very important role in the detoxification of your body.
this is really an amazing one….my friend and me are planning to maintain a strict fruit diet from tomorrow…and this article will help us surely….tanq rati…hope this works for us…fingers crossed….
I really likeddd d’ fruit diet chart !! Gonna follow itt frm monday ;p anywayss wt can i have instead of mangoes ass dey rnt available.. Evytym ! ?
Just dont go for such diets ever! You would surely loose weight but once you are back to your normal diet you would gain the same weight in jus half the time. I hv been dieting since an year n lost 25kgs but when I came bk to my normal diet I gained 7kgs in just 2 weeks. Weight loss is a slow process n if u want ur weight not to come back den jus eat balanced diet at right time and workout as much as body allows. I am still sufrng frm side effects of dieting so nvr opt for it. I hv realised n finally strtd workng out n regaining my stamina n energy levels which wre lost due to dieting.
i usually take three roti and light sabji in mng as I HV to study whole day and in the lunch i just take two slice of pineapple which is easily available nowadays in market and in the night one banana and one mango plus i do pranayams too believe it or not its working perfectly with no craving for junk food with no extra thoughts light food light weight.