Fabindia Aloe Vera Protein Shampoo Review
I was always curious to try the protein shampoo as I have heard great reviews about the shampoo and conditioner. I am using the conditioner and it works great for my hair so I expected the same from the shampoo and got it recently. Also I am using the avocado shampoo currently so I would compare both here and there in this review.
This is a mild shampoo that can be used every day. It does not lather well but not bad and hence cleanses the hair properly. A light white coloured shampoo that smells okay according to me. The avocado shampoo smells much much better than this and also the fragrance calms the mind. When I use the avocado shampoo with the protein conditioner it leaves my hair so smooth, soft and manageable. I was glad that I found my HG Shampoo and conditioner but I really wanted to try this protein shampoo.
“Nourishing and extra conditioning treatment that leaves hair detangled, manageable, soft and shiny. Protein repairs and strengthens dry hair while aloe vera gently moisturises.”
Purified Water, Glycerine, Aloe Vera Extract, Lanolin, Panthenol, Cocoamidopropylbetaine.
Though SLES is not mentioned in the ingredients list I am not very sure about its presence. It does not lather well but at the same time it is not bad so this confuses me even more. It does a decent job and my hair is all clean and neat. Something that bothered me little bit is that it caused me little hair fall. I will say this is a good shampoo just that the avocado shampoo works better than this. I didn’t feel much moisturizing effect while using this and my dry hair stays dry – the same way, no much difference. No shiny hair as well.
On a comparative scale this one loses and the avocado shampoo scores high. If I had used this initially then I would have been ok with this shampoo. Since I used the avocado one first and it did a perfect job to my hair I don’t find any reason to use the protein shampoo.
Let me brief by listing the Pros and Cons of this shampoo.
Pros of Fab India Protein shampoo
- Cleanses the hair well.
- The 275 ml bottle costs Rs.200 and I think it is priced reasonably.
- Easily available in all Fabindia stores.
- Comes in the standard Fabindia bottle that is simple and classy.
- Lid is intact so the shampoo can be carried along during travel.
Cons of Fab India Protein shampoo
- Does not lather well.
- No moisturising effect. My hair feels dry even after using this.
- Causes hair fall.
- Does not smell great. It is just ok.
- I didn’t feel any of the above mentioned effects like detangling, manageable, soft and shiny hair. Also I didn’t feel any hair strengthening as it caused me hair fall. I am not sure whether this didn’t work only for me or it won’t work for anyone
My Rating – :-* :-* :-*
Would I Repurchase? – No. I am very happy with the avocado shampoo .