Hi all the beautiful ladies on imbb! This is my first review and I am super excited about it! I bought L’oreal True Match Perfecting Foundation some time back from lifestyle and the shade I got is c3, that is beige rose. Now this shade does not match my skin tone (it is 2 shades darker). I kept telling the L’oreal SA that it isn’t the right shade for me but she said that it is.. And since I was with my parents I decided not to argue with her!
What L’oreal Claims about True Match Perfecting Foundation
• Matches the colour and texture of your skin
• Ultra-fine pigments to perfectly match your skin tone
• Super-blendable, perfect coverage, without caking
• True-to-skin shades without tide marks
• A beautiful, flawless looking complexion… Your skin only better
• Dermatologically tested
• The L’oreal Paris site claims: In true-to-skin shades across warm, cool and neutral tones, True Match liquid foundation perfectly matches the colour and texture of your skin, hiding imperfections with its micro-fine, creamy texture. The result: natural looking, skin-true colour, outstanding coverage with no caking.
Price: Rs. 770 for 30ml. I got it at a discounted price.
When I used it for the first time I wasn’t happy with it. Maybe I just couldn’t find the right way of using it. But later, when I learnt the correct way of using it, I was just too happy to get this product (though I wish that I had got the right shade for me!!!)
When I try to blend using my fingers, it gives a bad finish. So when I had just bought this product I was thinking that I had wasted all my money! But when I tried blending it with a sponge (which I bought from my beautician ) it worked wonders for me.
I have attached this picture to show you a scar that an accident left me with. Though it is a SCAR, look at it carefully and you’ll notice that it is Heart-Shaped!
The technique which I use with this foundation is that I dot it on my face, and then blend very properly with a moist sponge. Now when it comes to use this on the neck, I use the same technique, but I have to be faster in blending.
Pros of L’oreal True Match Perfecting Foundation
• Very less quantity is required for covering the entire face and neck.
• Actually blends very nicely and gives a medium coverage!! I’m happy with the coverage it provides.
• Lasts for quite a long time without caking, 6-7 hours.
• Gives me a very natural look.
• Works as an eye shadow primer too!!! (I use it )
• Comes with a pump. Hygienic!!
• The consistency is neither runny nor too thick. This product won’t flow like a liquid.
• This product never broke me out!! ( I have normal to oily skin)
Cons of L’oreal True Match Perfecting Foundation
• You need to use a foundation blending sponge to blend it perfectly. Using your finger won’t give an absolutely flawless look.
• Comes in a bottle which might threaten you to keep it very properly! (Or it may break)
• Does not blend very quickly. You need to give a little more effort.
• A bit hard to blend on the neck. Though the task becomes easier with practice and the SPONGE that I have mentioned!!
• No SPF
• No ingredient list on the product.
I must say that it is worth every penny. But I’m not sure if it gives a very high coverage, as it isn’t required on my skin. I only need a medium coverage and this product satisfies my need!! I personally love the coverage it provides to my face!
Will I Re-purchase it: Yes!!! But the one which matches my skin tone!!!
Rating : :-* :-* :-* :-* out of 5.