Spices For Beauty
Indian kitchens have witnessed the use of various spices from the beginning of times for creating those mouth-watering culinary delights. But what we have perhaps failed to notice is that these spices can work as much wonders for our skin and hair as they can do for our finer art of gastronomic fantasies. Want to know some of those hidden secrets of our kitchen spices? Here is an article where I would like to share whatever I have gathered from my mom and grand-mom, my urge to experiment and definitely, our vey own ‘internet research’.
Spices can impart amazing beauty benefits to your skin and hair. Miraculous properties and natural goodness which abound in these spices take care of your beauty problems in a safe and secure way. So what if you don’t want to shell out loads of money for getting hold of beauty products readily available in the market? Go to your kitchen and shuffle about those pots of spices till you get something amazing to work for your skin troubles.
Best spices for skin care
Here are some of those remarkable and ‘spicy’ beauty recipes which you may love to try out-
- If you want to lose weight, boil a cup of water with cinnamon powder and honey. Have it once, first thing in the morning and once before going to sleep at night. Done regularly, this practice will help you do away with unwanted weight.
- To treat hair loss, mix cinnamon powder with honey and warm olive oil and apply on bald patches. Wait for 30 minutes and wash off.
- If you are suffering from pimples, mix a spoon of cinnamon powder with two spoons of honey. Topical application of this paste is known to help uproot the pimple problem.
2. Ginger- They say fresh ginger is great for treating blemishes and for lightening age spots. For this purpose you may rub fresh ginger on face. But then, I am not too sure if I would like to try it out as it may itch or have a burning sensation. However, I would definitely like to try out the following ginger beauty recipes-
• Ginger lemon scrub is a great idea. It can very well be used as a body scrub. But I feel more inclined to use it as my foot scrub. Mix some organic sugar with a few drops of olive oil. Add freshly grated ginger and add a dash of lemon juice. Ginger along with lemon juice helps to lighten dark patches and prevent any nasty smell. I came across this recipe in course of my internet research.
3. Turmeric- It is an anti-oxidant which is full of antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. This common Indian kitchen spice has many beauty benefits and applications as it is effective in treating skin problems as well as for imparting a glowing skin. Since I have already discussed them in details, I refrain from writing much about turmeric here. Read more about them in the articles Turmeric Skincare Benefits and Homemade Turmeric Face Pack for skin.
4. Fenugreek seeds- Fenugreek seeds are known to be great for your hair health. You may like to try the following simple beauty recipes-
• Just soak two spoons of fenugreek seeds overnight and make a butter-smooth paste with water in a grinder. Rub it on your scalp gently to treat dandruff and hair loss. This can be done as often as you want to do it. A few drops of lemon juice can be added to make it more effective for dandruff problems.
• You can also used soaked and ground fenugreek seeds on your acnes to reduce the skin problem.
5. Basil- Basil has anti-bacterial properties and is great for your skin.
• Boil a cup of basil leaves in one liter of water till it reduces to half. Use it for wiping your face several times a day to control excess oil secretion and treat acnes.
• Mix sandalwood paste with ground holy basil leaves. Apply it on pimples and pimples will vanish soon.
Whether it is cinnamon, turmeric, clove or fenugreek seeds, these well known spices are always available in your kitchen. Make full use of these spices to cook delicious food and also to be beautiful, naturally!
Turmeric Skin Care Benefits: Top Five Indian Beauty Secrets
Homemade Turmeric Face Pack for Skin
Lemon for Hair: Beauty Benefits and Ideas
Rose Water for Hair Care
Skin Care for 30 + Women – Ask IMBB
Natural Homemade Astringent For Skin: Easy Recipes And Ideas
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- spices in skincare