WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Are you planning to lay your hands on some expensive bottle of astringent to take care of your daily beauty needs? Well, you do not necessarily have to hit the cosmetics shop to ensure that your skin gets its dose of astringent; you can easily prepare it at home with ingredients readily available.
How Does An Astringent Work?
However, before you start using your homemade astringent, here are the top five astringent facts you need to be aware of:
1. Normally, you are expected to apply astringent after you have cleansed your skin thoroughly.
2. It can be used two to three times everyday.
3. Astringent application can be followed up with a light moisturizer if necessary (you can use a natural moisturizer too).
4. An astringent breaks through the skin pores to constrict them, remove dirt and thus, it counterbalances surplus oil and tightens the skin.
5. It has a revitalizing effect; it imparts a healthy glow and minimizes the possibility of acnes, pimples and blemishes.
Top Five Easy Homemade Astringent Lotion Recipes
1. Lemon-Witch Hazel Astringent: This astringent works wonders for oily skin types. You just need to mix lemon juice (1/4 cup) with witch hazel (1/2 cup) and apply the mixture to you face and neck with a cotton ball.
2. Rose Astringent: You would require some rose fresh petals and distilled water to prepare this astringent at home. Make sure that the petals are free from any kind of pesticide and you can definitely depend upon your own little garden to supply you the best quality of roses. Heat water till it starts boiling and pour it slowly over the rose petals placed in a bowl. Keep it for around thirty minutes and filter the petals in such a way that the rose water comes out. Pour the solution in a bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
3. Lemon-Orange Astringent: You would need thinly sliced pieces of half-a-lemon and half-an-orange along with ethanol alcohol (3/4 cup). All the ingredients need to be combined in a blender and mixed until the fruits are thoroughly crushed. The liquid should be strained and applied to your face. The mixture is very effective in tightening pores, refreshing the skin and removing excess oils. It can be stored for up to six months in a refrigerator.
4. Chamomile-Mint Astringent: This astringent is particularly nice for oily skin; to make it, two tablespoons of dried mint, two tablespoons of dried chamomile flowers and four cups of water are required. All the constituents should be combined in a saucepan and allowed to boil for ten minutes. Wait for five minutes and then, the liquid has to be strained. You can store it in a refrigerator for about two weeks.
5. Sandalwood Astringent: You would want eight tablespoons of sandalwood oil, two teaspoons of almond oil, one tablespoon of honey, four tablespoons of rosewater, four tablespoons of orange flower extract and five grams of sodium bicarbonate (commonly known as baking soda). All these components have to be mixed and the mixture can also be stored in the fridge. Apply it on your face with a cotton wool.
Top Five Simple Homemade Astringent Tips
1. Cucumber juice is an excellent natural astringent that is good for every skin type.
2. Rose water is an effective astringent, mild and gentle, and it can be used even if your skin is sensitive.
3. Apply the juice of tomato directly on oily and combination skin to reap great benefits.
4. Lemon juice can be mixed with water and used as a natural astringent. Lemon is easily available in almost every Indian kitchen.
5. Mix apple cedar vinegar with water and apply it on your face and neck for effective cleansing and toning.
There are many reasons for you to opt for homemade astringent lotions. They can be easily made with things which are freely available in your kitchen or your fruit basket. Since they are prepared with natural ingredients, they do not have negative effects and they are gentle on your skin. Often, they are cheaper than the astringents obtainable in reputed shops dealing in beauty products; but, at the same time, they can effectively meet your daily beauty requirements.
Garnier Skin Naturals Pore Purifying Astringent
VLCC Punarnava Astringent
Olay Natural White Day Cream
Ganozhi Natural Beauty Soap
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Medium Dark
Burt’s Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss Sweet Pink
NYX Slim Lip Liner Pencil in Natural and Hot Red
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Homemade Chocolate Face Mask
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack
Effective Homemade Medicines for Emergency
7 Homemade Remedies for Hair Split Ends
Homemade Hair Packs for Dry Damaged Hair
Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin
Natural Homemade Face Pack : Honey & Oats